xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rkage

My Message Boards The evolution

So to test my XHTML, PHP and CSS knowledge to da extreme, I have decided to build my own message boards from scratch! :D

So you can rate them now and as I go, and any help and comments would be greatly appreciated. I may need some help but for the moment I am taking a few suggestions. If anyone has Opera or Safari, I'd like to know how the page looks as I can only test them in FireFox and I.E.

The link of course is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and I mean it when I say the boards do nothing yet. I have been focusing alot of my time into the layout and getting it to look the same in both I.E. and FF.

So if you have any suggestions or tips for me good on ya and if you want to tell me what to include/not to include to make good forums then feel free. Maybe you all can visit once a week and see how it's going and tell me if there's something you don't like!

So in terms of hit and miss, they are a miss. Ah well, was just trying to bring about something different as opposed to the generic bulletin boards. And it does need alot of room for improvement, I only started it on friday night, I wasn't expecting two rows to be a finished layout.

Pretty good color scheme and all. Is your main site going to be dark like that? Very bad idea to have a light-background site with a dark-background forum.