xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-=Wrighty=-

Where Have All My Hosting Credits Gone?

2 days ago(friday), I had 4 hosting credits. So I went away for saturday as I was having family round, I came back today and now I have -6, how does this system work, as my credits are always going down by extra everyday.

2 days ago(friday), I had 4 hosting credits. So I went away for saturday as I was having family round, I came back today and now I have -6, how does this system work, as my credits are always going down by extra everyday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well to be honest, this is one of your largest post at the website. I imagine that some of your posts were considered spam and as a result points were deducted by the Admins.

Remember that the take away more points than the original post generated if it is deemed to be spam.

I would suggest that you attempt to offer a little more substance to your posts.

vujsa

Okay then, thanks for the reply, its just that there isn't actually much to somment on most things here like there used to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I have found a couple of tricks that may help.

Sometimes polls are a good way to get your posts in. A good poll can generate conversation which you can interact with and as a result the forum gets a useful topic and you get more posts.

Tutorials also generate discussion and provide a way to add more posts.

If all else fails, ask a good detailed question that you need help with and that should snowball into a discussion.

Happy posting,

vujsa

Wow! Vujsa .. you seem to have studied the science of getting credits.. or I must say, keep a forum busy. Nice to have you here :-D

Wow! Vujsa .. you seem to have studied the science of getting credits.. or I must say, keep a forum busy. Nice to have you here :-D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes I find it difficult to post quality topics and replies. Many times, I find that I can't answer other people's questions or that I can't think of any questions that could be answered here.

Really, the categories that I'm most interested in, tend to be a little slow or frequently spammed. But I keep plugging along with the hope that by raising the quality of content in the forum I'll help attract new members that have more in common with myself. More members, more post, more oppurtunities to reply and contribute.

So, budget in new servers for next year, you're going to need the space. :)

vujsa

Precisely! Plus, it's always easier to start topics or reply ro topics which you're very interested in and passionate about. For eg, if you love web design, you'll find it easy to talk about HTML, PHP, etc. And get the hosting credits.