xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
silverkirfsco

PCI Express Or AGP

I think you can choose any of them, the graphics card dos'nt use all the bandwith that pci-express has available. Maybe in a few years it will, but not now. I should go for agp because it's cheaper. You should not see any differens speed-wise.

Yep, PCI express is AGP16 equivalant,a good AGP8 card is plenty powerfull for the next few years.I always buy the second newest PC components, they are much cheaper.

All NVIDIA series 6 cards models have both options: AGP 8x and PCI Express. So if you have enought money, choose PCI Express. It's investment in your future, becouse today there is no real performance difference between these two options.

If you're going to build realy fast, expensive, big and noisy graphics system in the future, think about SLI oportunity ;) It's double PCI Express with double video card support. This is the newest and the best gamer's oportunity. And it costs A LOT OF money :D

Good luck choosing your motherboard :D

;P .. IMHO .. always get ONLY what u need .. NOW .. the $$$ saved from something u will need only in 1 years time can be quite a bit ..1 yr later, the amt saved may be enough for you to get your desired item .. also u still have your old item that can still worth some $$$ when sold 2nd hand .. that is what is commonly practiced in Singapore ..

Ah, if your buying a new motherboard now, get PCIe. The performance, I dont know what they are talking about, is alot better. Nvidia 6800 series can take advantage of the 16x speed, if not all the bandwith. I would recommend Asus's
A8N , 939 socket AMD64, nforce4SLI chipset, which supports PCIe.

It is true that the second best is your better buy. 6800gt is the best value:performance ratio there is. Its just the same as the ultra, save for the clock frequencys, which can be OCed. Ultra is just for those people who want to say "Hey, i have the flagship card."
and who have a bit more money. :\