xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
szupie

Solipsism Yeah...

I kinda believe in solipsism... To me, it means that I'm the only one that really exists. So, there is no point in posting this here and sharing this, because you all don't exist. :) Actually, what I really think is that in this world that I know of, I am the only real mind, and all other people are just programs/bots that interact with me, created by real people that are playing/experimenting with me. Some how, I might be able to exit this world into the one with real people. So, this isn't like the Matrix. My believe is kinda weird, don't you think? Oh, right, you don't exist. I could be wrong about this, though.

I;m sure i'm real, i think. How do i know your not just a bot saying that and it's me thats real and in a giant experiment. They could be watching me know, looking at my every move. Hang on kinda like the fact that were watched anyway, well if solipsism is true lets just lie back and enjoy the ride.

I too very like this philosophie, it's very well though through and I'm a big advocater of it.

For those who do not know it, sophism is a modern spiritual, philosophical, and magical religion based on the combination of ancient wisdom and new science. It is a path of spiritual growth. Sophism is a form of eclectic paganism, drawing material from a wide range of religions and philosophies, including New Age religions and the path of Hermeticism. Sophism maintains a spiritual eclecticism, exploring and assimilating what is compatible and valuable from the Traditions with which it comes into contact, and sharing its own insights with other Traditions, to maintain a sense of unity between different religions.

The word Sophism comes from the Greek, sophos, meaning wisdom; wisdom being one of the three supreme ideals. It was first coined as the name of this religion in 2000 C.E., two years after the religion was first created. The religion was created in a German GCSE lesson in Maidstone, England (and I wonder why I only got a C grade!). The religion was provisionally called Boothism, after its creator, but needed a new name now that it has developed to become more than a few scribblings in a homework diary, and hence Sophism was born!   

Many religions are usually kept separate from science, but Sophism is designed to combine the best aspects of them both, combining morality with realism. Sophism realises that in the myths of the ancients there is some truth. Many paganist beliefs have similarities with modern science but are written in a more symbolic sense, whereas Sophism bases its beliefs upon some of the latest theories of modern science (which, after all, is stranger than fiction) combining it with the morality and spiritual essence of religion. Sophism, unlike many religions, is an evolving religion, like science it changes as new evidence is brought forward, in the quest to bring the ultimate truths to its followers. 

Sophism is a tolerant religion. It does not discriminate against anyone for any reason. All people from all backgrounds are welcome into this religion, so long as you follow the moral guidelines. Sophism encourages free will, it is up to each individual which religion he or she follows. Sophism is not here to be imposed upon people but to give them a wider choice.

Sophism is designed to bring the world into a new age, an age of light not dark. An age where nature, wisdom and truth are all held sacred. Human society must progress, not only to save itself but also to save Gaia, she who gave us life and has nurtured us ever since. We must improve our world, not only for our own sakes but also for the animals we share the world with and we must spread further into the Solar System and beyond to enrich and evolve.

--------------This post is copied from here, but I am going to let it stay even if it has not much relevance to the topic-------------- szupie

Sophism:

A plausible but fallacious argument.

Deceptive or fallacious argumentation.

Heh, sorry, I don't know what you're talking about either... Or, you might just be a figment of my imagination. I think. I think that's what I think. I think tha... :)

Sophism:

A plausible but fallacious argument.

Deceptive or fallacious argumentation.

Heh, sorry, I don't know what you're talking about either... Or, you might just be a figment of my imagination. I think. I think that's what I think. I think tha...  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That word comes from a greek school of thought that was less concerned with truth than how to win argumens. Thus it comes into its current meaning.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. I learned about Sophists, who are professional philosophers that travel around, getting paid to teach. Unlike Socrates, they did not belief in a "right" or "wrong". They teach their students mostly about how to win arguments, because they thought it was important. They support politics.