xisto Community
Josh_Jpn

Flash Webcam Room An easy flash application

Quick and Easy Webcam ChatroomRequired:Flash Communication Server 1.5FlashStep 1:Create a new folder called webchat in the c:\(Where ever you put your server files)\flash communication server mx\applications folder.Step 2:Open notepad file. Type: load( "components.asc" );Save file as "main.asc" in the webchat folder.Step 3:Open Flash and save file as "webchat" in the webchat folderFrom the Communications Components side bar: 3.1 Drag a SimpleConnect onto your flash page 3.2 Drag a SetBandwidth onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to band_mc 3.3 Drag a PeopleList onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to plist_mc 3.4 Drag a Chat onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to chat_mc 3.5 Drag an AVPresence onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to avp1_mc 3.6 Drag an AVPresence onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to avp2_mc 3.7 Drag a ConnectionLight onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to light_mcStep 4:Save your fileIn the properties box of the SimpleConnect in your flash page, click communication connections. 4.1 Click the + sign six times in the values pop up menu, creating slots from 0-5 4.2 In Slot 0 type band_mc 4.3 In Slot 1 type plist_mc 4.4 In Slot 2 type chat_mc 4.5 In Slot 3 type avp1_mc 4.6 In Slot 4 type avp2_mc 4.7 In Slot 5 type light_mcSave your fileStep 5:In the properties box of the SimpleConnect in your flash page, change the Application Directory to rtm http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
webchatSave your fileStep 6:From the flash UI components, drag a push button onto your flash page.In it's properties box change the label to "Clear Chat", change the Click Handler to clearHistory.Step 7:In the actions for frame 1 of layer name layer 1Add: function clearHistory() { this.chat_mc.clearHistory();}Save your fileStep:Publish your work and test.

Lol...Now the question is does our server support that? Or should I have to install it onto my personal computer.?By the way. Amazing tutorial. I really enjoyed it. And it would be nice to see some more tutorials about flash :)....But would there be anyway to intergrate what you mentioned above with a mysql databse table...That way people need to plugin there user name and password fromt he mysql database table :)Thnx.

You don't need to have the flash communications server running on your desktop PC. All you need is an actual server, sometimes the same box as your web server if the load isn't that great, where you install the latest version of the flash communications server, while Josh_JPN's tutorial is based around FCS 1.5 the same features are usually available in the latest version as well, along with more improved systems and faster response times. What you do need to be wary off is if your web host provides FCS or if you have access to get it installed, as at the moment I have no idea how flash security works when targeting an FCS server on a different domain or IP address.-Knightcon

Quick and Easy Webcam Chatroom Required: Flash Communication Server 1.5 Flash Step 1: Create a new folder called webchat in the c:\(Where ever you put your server files)\flash communication server mx\applications folder. Step 2: Open notepad file. Type: load( "components.asc" ); Save file as "main.asc" in the webchat folder. Step 3: Open Flash and save file as "webchat" in the webchat folder From the Communications Components side bar: 3.1 Drag a SimpleConnect onto your flash page 3.2 Drag a SetBandwidth onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to band_mc 3.3 Drag a PeopleList onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to plist_mc 3.4 Drag a Chat onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to chat_mc 3.5 Drag an AVPresence onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to avp1_mc 3.6 Drag an AVPresence onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to avp2_mc 3.7 Drag a ConnectionLight onto your flash page, in the properties box change the compenent name to light_mc Step 4: Save your file In the properties box of the SimpleConnect in your flash page, click communication connections. 4.1 Click the + sign six times in the values pop up menu, creating slots from 0-5 4.2 In Slot 0 type band_mc 4.3 In Slot 1 type plist_mc 4.4 In Slot 2 type chat_mc 4.5 In Slot 3 type avp1_mc 4.6 In Slot 4 type avp2_mc 4.7 In Slot 5 type light_mc Save your file Step 5: In the properties box of the SimpleConnect in your flash page, change the Application Directory to rtm http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/Save your file Step 6: From the flash UI components, drag a push button onto your flash page. In it's properties box change the label to "Clear Chat", change the Click Handler to clearHistory. Step 7: In the actions for frame 1 of layer name layer 1 Add: function clearHistory() { this.chat_mc.clearHistory(); } Save your file Step: Publish your work and test.

good to see that,I am new to webhsting and i dont know mush about it.this isuue of flash is one of the things i will like to learn.I want to ask,is there any webhosting that provides free caht room?the admin can put his own adds in it??