xisto Community
soleimanian

Speed Up Your Connection In Windows XP

Well i wana to ask that is this also work on dial up conection as mine speed is already to slow ...............and wana to ask that how the speed will increase with this,,,

Yes it works for me and i haver to say my comp is the fastest that it has ever been i know one operating system that works XP media edition and i not checked it on Vista but will do later on B)My rating is 8/10

I would not recommend this!Windows does a good job at managing your internet connection in order to make sure that it can be used by multiple applications at once, without allowing one to hog everything (kind of like multitasking, only with your bandwidth)....By doing this, you are getting rid of this capability (disabling it), and so then a program can use all of your bandwidth, while another which is just trying to do something simple can't, or is really laggy.For example, say you are downloading some huge file. And talking on AIM.With this left at the default, windows will allow you to do both without noticing a difference in your chatting on AIM (even though you are downloading a huge file)With it changed, your huge file download can easily consume all of your connection, and cause it so that when you are chatting you get large delays in your messages sent and received (just think of how annoying that is)So I would recommend that you leave it at what it is, and don't change it unless you are 100% sure of what you are doing, because with the wrong modifications you might end up making it worse, rather than better.

Ok, i've done it. It really works..!!!!!!
it's great for downloading, but programs like kazaa or e-mules consume all my BW, so i think a 5% reserve is a better idea, let something free for browsing...

Hey, how do you 'tune up' your emule...it takes a month to download a 700MB movie -AVI format. I put my TCP port to 46089 and UDP port 8239. With 'no download limits' set up and 23kbps upload speed. The movie has 43 sources. I got 1Mbps broadband connection. Anything you can suggest, it's very annoying! The downloads are not consistent, it starts for 5 mins and it's gone again, and start again....

I would think that the main ideas behind the various schemes of XP were probably designed with the title to match the criteria. The average user would only need what is necessary to get by comfortably for their needs. The single user would purchase HOME for personal usage and Microsoft was hoping that PRO would stick to industry. So I also would imagine that the techs and the hackers and the admins and every other user that has some knowledge would somehow come to found this as any other admin or superuser 'goodies'.The normal user isn't really concerned with how much more their computer can do... if they were, then at that point they would be a little more intregued by how their PC operates... maybe at that time, he/she would begin to learn how to customize your computer. Maybe that could be the case with PRO. Industry requires upgrading and as a nice alternative, increased bandwidth could mean better quality out of your computer usage.My parents are excited about using the net and keeping in touch with their kids and family friends. They just get on and look up specifics... and HOME was right for them. My brother and I are techs and we like to just totally redo XP (and now Vista) to the point of non recognition... we are the ones that like to work with the extras.Ok so I get a little off subject or too detailed, but I was trying to gather that just because some things offer different options and others don't... sometimes there are good reasonings behind it.... but don't let that stop you in the future people!

The QOS Tweak is a MYTH

Speed Up Your Connection In Windows XP

By default 100% of bandwidth is available to applications. However, an application can request priority bandwidth. But even if this occurs there will be no reduction unless it is actively using it. Any unused bandwidth will be available to applications.

Incidentally, Automatic Update does not use QOS. Automatic Update uses idle bandwidth that applications are not using.

References:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/316666

-reply by Larry Miller

Speed up your connection in Windows XP :mellow: By default, the packet scheduler limits the system to 20% of the bandwidth of a connection, to increase bandwidth :

1-Open Run dialog box from Start menu.
2- Type âgpedit.mscâ and press Ok.
3- When Group Policy run, go to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Qos Packet Schedule
4- in right side, right click on Limit reseivable bandwidth and select Properties.
5- In Setting tab under Limit reservable bandwidth section select Enabeled .
6- instead of 20 type 0 (zero) and then click ok, and close Group Policy.
7- Now , go to Network connection and right click on your connection and select Properties.
8- Go to Networking tab and cheek Qos Packet Scheduler to be ticked.
9- Restart your PC
:o
Be Success !
Soleimanian :D

mine doesn't have that.

Folder Speed Up Your Connection In Windows XP

I've problem about this situation. I'm windows XP Profesional user, so after follow your instruction... - gpedit.Msc/ Local Computer Policy/Computer configuration/ administrative templates/. After that it just show - windows component  folder and sub folder is search , windows media player and windows update only. I cant see network folder. Please give me the solution regarding my problem.

Thanks..

-reply by werner

increase speed of wifi a windows 7Speed Up Your Connection In Windows XP

hi

I am using a open source wifi connection .When I connect through xp it gives me a nice speed on internet,but when I connect through win 7 it slows down,somtimeseven I can't easly load a simply website like google.I am using dlink 547n.Please help me as I want to keep win 7 permanently eliminatin xp

-question by aamer