xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshthegreat

Skateboarding Dunno if any of you do it?

Hope I have this thread in the right forum...Anyway, does anyone here like to Skateboard? I think it's great. I just want to see how many of you like it. I like how there are no rules to skateboarding, you can just go out there and do it, there are no boundries like in a football game or whatever. You set up whatever you like and skate it, with no one telling you thats not how you you set it up. Unless your proping up some bench in private property and some guy comes out and has a poke at you. So yeah, just want to know how many people do it. I've been doing it for 3 and a half years now.

I like skating very much. I love the spirit of this sport... that freedom as you said and also like the hardcore philosophy that supports it sometimes. I think it?s a good street discipline.For all this, I hate being so clumsy... :angry: but I still admire people that get awesome acrobacies with the board.

Rodney Mullen, for instance? Good God, when I saw a video of this guy, I was blown away. He can transform the sport into an art...it is simply a fantastic thing to watch...I am not big on skateboarding, but being at the Jersey Shore, it is hard to avoid getting sucked into SOME sort of boarding activity. So, given my affinity for the water, I like to get some surfing in when I have the free time in the late spring/summer/early fall. My brother also does it (although he can show me up nice and good, and he's three years younger than me!). It's a heck of a lotta fun, and contrary to popular belief, no all surfers are arrogant, bummed-out druggies that have nothing better to do with their time. Sure, it's a lifestyle, but in a refreshing manner. It's a great sport to take up if you're conveniently located by the ocean and got the dough to cover the costs :angry:

i used to skateboard a lot, and then i got into bmx. i like bmx better for a couple reasons... one of the main reasons though is long distances. i would never ride a skateboard 20 miles lol. and also where i live there is no place to skateboard :angry: so i had to give it up.

i love watching skateboarding and playing skateboarding games, but i don't skateboard myself. i used to, but i was terrible at it, and i gave it up when i hurt my back like hell. never again will i touch a skateboard :angry:

I love skateboarding... And during the summer my city is building a skatepark in the park... thats awesome and i cant wait. I'm not great on a skateboard and im not bad. But some tricks are pretty hard.

I am addicted to THUG(1&2) so <.< well I like real life skateboarding too but my two boards SUCK, one isnt ridable....and the other is blech, once I get a good one(mom already agreed to once she gets the money) I'll probably board more, but I also have a sick new $250 dollar bike which I'll be riding too.

I just gotta say to the people who give up because they think they're rubbish that everyones rubbish at some point. There has to be a point when you are rubbish. No one is perfect at something when they first start out are they?Just to let people know that my avatar is me. It's a bit small but you can still see the FS 180 ollie.

I can't do spit on a board, I can ollie standing, about it because I don't have a board with GOOD freaking wheels/trucks yet so can't even ride.When I do, I know that I'll **** myself up allot, I just don't care, its worth it if I can get good.

I started skating about 10 years ago when I lived in Florida. I'm originally from the Cayman Islands though where there has just finished building an amazing concrete park with a wavepool/surfpark right next to it. Too bad it's expected to be like $20/2hrs to skate there (wavepool not included). The island is rediculously expensive; the capitalists there just want to reap huge profits from everything.You could check out some things about it at http://www.blackpearl.ky/ and http://www.HugeDomains.com/ blackpear@candw.ky an email telling them about how rediculously expensive it is - it will help us out :angry:The grand opening is soon and a bunch of pros are going there, including Tony Hawk.By the way, the Cayman Islands are in the Caribbean Sea, south of Cuba.

Send blackpear@candw.ky an email telling them about how rediculously expensive it is - it will help us out :blink:

58625[/snapback]

Sorry, I meant blackpearl@candw.ky

Isn't there a way for me to edit posts?! I thought there was... but I can't figure it out :angry: