xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dementour

The Bouncer from the Final Fantasy creators

I think this is exclusive just for the Playstation 2. Has anyone played it? Its not as bad as what some of the reviews make out. Okay, its on the short side. In fact I managed to complete this within 3-4 days, and each time I was playing it was only for a hour or two and thats because it got much harder when your near to the end.Ill be completely honest and say I have never heard of this game before my friend recomended it to me. He said its a bit like Final Fantasy, even though it is made by the same company Square Soft, but has a twist. When I lended it off him I asked how long it lasts and he said it could easily take up to 4 hours of gameplay. So I guess for people who are more into this genre would find this more easier. Its a combination of action, adventure, fighting and rpg. The storyline isnt that good as what people might expect from this development company. Its all about these three bouncers at the Dog Street bar called 'Fate'. Their girl friend gets kidnapped by masked ninjas. One of the bouncers somehow knows where shes been taken, which is obvious when you get into the story how he knows all the info he tells us. So, the three bouncers decide to go and save her, the blonde haired is known as Volt, hes the butched hardman and comes very useful for information, then theres the puny one known as Sion which is the main character on the game that has a crush for the girl that has been kindapped, then finally Kou the long haired tatooed bodied guy that says most of the jokes. They soon find out why the girl is needed and soon they realize they must save the world as well as the girl.The game is very cinematic, in fact most of the game relies on cutscenes. Theres only about 20 short missions to complete, before and after are long cutscenes, which would help if the dialogue is good but it just aint. The jokes are corny that makes you cringe, the voice acting is decent than the rest I mentioned but still could of used some work.The graphics are much different in the FMV sequences, they are truly amazing to watch. The ingame sequences are just the same as the playable sequences which are good, better than some games I have played that year when it came out, but you cant interact with environments and some portions of the objects look blurry and not much detail put in than what other portions have.Basically its a beat em up, which you can collect points for beating the hell into the bad guys which you can buy life ups, power etc at the menu at the end of each fight. Most of the time theres 3 of you fighting, which has a cool-style for even though you can only play one at the time. At the beginning of each fight, fights can have more than 6 enemies coming out at you and are in a large environment, you can choose from the 3 characters. They each have their own story plots which is good to replay the game again three times, but after that its not worthy anymore.

This is a first for me I never managed to run across anyone that played this game besides me. I liked this game quite a bit the different endings that came about depending the character you play not to mention the fact that the story changes according to the characters you play as during the different missions, it was a nice touch to this game.Square did a great job on this game I don't care what people say. Even though I don't know a person that played the game myself I have heard people complain about the game way to many times but as far as I know they never really played it they just heard it was bad from other people and refused to play it.By the way has anyone managed to unlock all the playable characters that are used in the VS. part of the game, I still have like two more to go before I have them all I mostly want to do this to see all the fighting styles the characters have.Oh, and the way they tell the storyies threw the cut scenes is such a good way to tell a story, I mean it does get a bit tedious after a while but it still works great with this game. :P

i liked it but probably becvause it was made by the creators of the Final Fantasy series. I played it like forvere ago and all i remember was that i rented it and beat it in like two days so i didn't like it much. It would have been a great game if it would have been much much longer.

I thought this game was alright. But, after you beat it once with every character, (which only took me about a day) I kind of got bored of the game. I maxed out all of the character in another day because all you have to do is skip the cut scenes and do the same cheap move over and over again. Lol I loved the quote on the back of the box "Play the Action Movie" thats what I sort of fealt like it was. Playing a movie.I sort of also fealt that this game was more or less of a graphics test for the FFX engine.Anyways, I didn't completely hate it but its not worth owning because you can beat it in the few days of renting

It was a pretty cool game, but after you beat it with Volt, Kou, and Sion/Zion? enough times until you get S rank it gets kind of stale but I still occasionally play the multiplayer battles with my cousin so it's not all that bad.

That game is very fun. I enjoyed playing it, but i beat it in a very short amount of time.You can usually rely on Squaresoft(Enix) to make amazing games.That game is very fun. I enjoyed playing it, but i beat it in a very short amount of time.You can usually rely on Squaresoft(Enix) to make amazing games.

Notice from Klass:
This is the 1st Double Post from you I have found.Please let a moderator know if You double Post