xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Insert Your Name On Desktop!

Insert your name on desktop! :) 1- first , run registery editor (type regedit in run dialog box)2- go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Internation 3 – create a string and name "S1159" and insert your name as value4 - create another string and name " S2359" and insert your name againnow you should restart your pcbe successful :)

nah.. not really doing that. seems dangerous to do, i think it messes with the time on your computer.

S1159 = AM
S2359 = PM

anyways for people that is looking for "intenation" its meant to be "international" maybe a little typo. had a little trouble finding it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

nah.. not really doing that. seems dangerous to do, i think it messes with the time on your computer.

S1159 = AM

S2359 = PM

anyways for people that is looking for "intenation" its meant to be "international" maybe a little typo. had a little trouble finding it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is another way to do that

but , it is highly recommented that you make a backup or system restore befor any changes in your registery

I don't know if that putting in your own name part works or not.. but here's what I found on WinGuide.Com about putting your username & Computer name on the desktop. Also there's a method of displaying the windows version on the desktop too. I'm pasting them here for quick reference...

Show User and Computer Name on Desktop

Show User and Computer Name on Desktop (Windows NT/2000/XP) Popular

This tweak will rename "My Computer" to "Username on Computername" making it simple to determine which computer you are logged on to and which username you are logged on as.

Download this tweak with Tweak Manager! This tweak can be easily applied using WinGuides Tweak Manager.

Download a free trial now!

Using REGEDT32.EXE (this is necessary for REG_EXPAND_SZ) open your registry and find the key in the settings section below. Then continue following the steps for your Windows version.

For Windows NT

Delete the existing value called "No Name" and add a new REG_EXPAND_SZ value with an empty value name and set the value to "%USERNAME% on %COMPUTERNAME%".

For Windows 2000

Rename the value named "LocalizedString" to "LocalizedString.old". Create a new REG_EXPAND_SZ value named "LocalizedString", and copy the contents of the original value to the new value except change the words "My Computer" to equal "%USERNAME% on %COMPUTERNAME%". For example, the new "LocalizedString" value may equal "@C:\WINNT\system32\shell32.dll,-9216@1033,%USERNAME% on %COMPUTERNAME%".

For Windows XP or Internet Explorer 6.0+

Rename the value named "LocalizedString" to "LocalizedString.old". Create a new REG_EXPAND_SZ value named "LocalizedString", and set the value to "%USERNAME% on %COMPUTERNAME%".

Exit the registry editor, click on your desktop and press F5 (for refresh). The "My Computer" icon should now be rename to "Username on Computername".

Note: Users of Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater should use the method for Windows XP.

Source article: Registry tweaks @ WinGuides.Com

Show Windows Version on Desktop

Early versions of Windows showed the version number on the desktop, this feature was removed in the released version. This tweak can be used to enable the feature and allow you to quickly locate which version of Windows is running.

Download this tweak with Tweak Manager! This tweak can be easily applied using WinGuides Tweak Manager.

Download a free trial now!

Open your registry and find the key below.

Create a new DWORD (or String on Windows 98 and Me) value, or modify the existing value called 'PaintDesktopVersion' set the value to equal '1' to display the version.

Exit the registry, you may need to restart for the change to take effect.

Note: The Windows version may be hidden behind the taskbar when you have Active Desktop enabled. If this is the case disable Active Desktop to view the label.

Registry Editor Example

| Name Type Data |

|  (Default) REG_SZ (value not set) |

|  PaintDesktopVersion REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1) |

-

| HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop |

-

Registry Settings

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

Value Name: PaintDesktopVersion

Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

Value Data: (0 = disable, 1 = enable)

Source Article: Registry tweaks @ WinGuides.Com

Cheers :)

Could you not just create a Bitmap file with the words Windows XP or whatever in the picture. Then you could have other pics around it and make your desktop look really cool. Or you could download a desktop theme from the net and set the background as your picture.Oh by the way, jipman, how do you get ur desktop looking like that. could you post a guide to getting it to look like that here.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

here you can get the visual theme i am using

http://ww38.smartbarxp.com/

and here is the bar that you can see on the left side of the screen

about the rss feeds

There is one big sacrifice you need to make for them.

you have to disable the wallpaper or it will look terrible.

here's how it goes

right click on your desktop -> properties -> then click wallpaper (or something, I have the dutch xp) -> then click customize wallpaper/desktop/whatever -> then click on website

here you can enter the url of the page you want displayed on your desk, enter a url. I use a custom html page on my computer that displays just the feeds, that's the trick. You need to create the feed pages for yourself though.

Have fun with it.

insert name on desk topInsert Your Name On Desktop!Replying to soleimanianReplying to soleimanianInsert your name on desktop!1- first , run registery editor (type regedit in run dialog box)2- go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelInternation3 – create a string and name "S1159" and insert your name as value4 - create another string and name " S2359" and insert your name againNow you should restart your pcBe successful I tried the above ( ihave Windows 7 O/s) but after restarting nithing happened

oh well i use gimp and make my own background my name written on it .well editing registry would make some trouble with loding.well it workes with windows 7?