xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Web-based Ftp Client - Extremely Fast & Cool Try it today

Hey guys,

I just found this really cool web-based FTP Client, that acts like any of your FTP Software - really fast and feature packed. Comes to real handy when you are in a cafe or some place from where you want to use ftp but don't want to go into the hassle of downloading and installing a client.. I tried FTP-ing to fortunecity, Xisto and several other places.. Login is almost instantaneous and a host of features, including being able to ftp to a second server and copy/move files between these two servers, zip/unzip, download emails, edit files.. got syntax highlighting too.. I highly recommend this site: http://ftp.philonthe.net/ .... Give it a try and post in your comments about it.

Here's a list of features directly from their site:

Once you are logged in, you will be able to:

* navigate the FTP server

* upload download new: unlimited nr of upload files

* copy move delete rename chmod

* copy/move to a 2nd FTP server

* view code with syntax highlighting

* view images new

* edit text files

* edit HTML in various HTML editors new

* edit code with syntax highlighting beta

* zip files to download, email or save

* upload-and-unzip (zip, tar, tgz, gz)

* search for words or phrases

* calculate the size of directories and files

Philonthenet Web FTP is the official preffered FTP client of XedHost

Happy FTP-ing :P

ok now that's something most people can use. the one thing i have against this, is that i was using a majorly ****y library computer, and when trying to upload on something that has been outdated twice, if you don't have connection speed, it goes as SLOW AS ****. expecially on a LAN. i set up my own little lan, and of course, it couldn't transfer the files. probably just a problem in the connection, but maybe then again, maybe webbased ftp has only come so far............(ok that was a rant, sorry for posting a semi-useless post, but it does have a point to it.)

A handy service... kind of... Using current graphical FTP clients is just as easy as this and also whole lot of faster. And using command line ftp, like the one that comes with Windows, is not exactly rocket science. But I guess this kind of service is easier for people to approach. It's insecure but so is all FTP. I was surprised that there is SSL available which deserves hats off.

Hey guys,

I just found this really cool web-based FTP Client, that acts like any of your FTP Software - really fast and feature packed. Comes to real handy when you are in a cafe or some place from where you want to use ftp but don't want to go into the hassle of downloading and installing a client.. I tried FTP-ing to fortunecity, Xisto and several other places.. Login is almost instantaneous and a host of features, including being able to ftp to a second server and copy/move files between these two servers, zip/unzip, download emails, edit files.. got syntax highlighting too.. I highly recommend this site: http://ftp.philonthe.net/ .... Give it a try and post in your comments about it.

Here's a list of features directly from their site:

Happy FTP-ing :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sound good ..

nice ..less hassle-neat