xisto Community
NilsC

Security Issue With Mozilla Based Browsers Read the story onAstahost.com

I'm not going to post the same issue / solution on both forums. If you have a Mozilla based browser it would be in your best interest to read this story.

Browsers affected by this exploit are:

Mozilla 1.7.x

Mozilla Firefox 0.x

Mozilla Firefox 1.x

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.x

Mozilla Thunderbird 1.x

Security Issue in Mozilla based browsers

Thank You

Nils

Admins: I posted this at Xisto as well, but wanted to make sure people here saw it, if I shouldn't have, please delete this.For those of you with Firefox, simply updating to version 1.01 fixes the problem. If you have version 1.0, a red arrow pointing up in a circle should appear on the toolbar towards the right side. If you click it, it will allow you to easily update.

It's OK to post both places :angry: I did, security is important and you can post in both forums if you like to.Did you test that the new version of FF is secure? are you on that version of FF.Nils

I did the spoof test and didn't have a problem becuase I'm on FF 1.01, so I finished reading all of the articles to see if it was the 1.01 update or something else that kept me from having the problem. The update works. Do you know if it does it in IE as well, because I kind of want to see it.

Actually, IE has 2, not 1. Since IE used ot be the most popular browser (I don't know if it is anymore or not), there are some javascripts or other scripts or miniapps written for IE compatibility, but no one bothered to check other compatibility, so they don't work in some browsers. For FF versions < 1.0, this was a problem (at least for me). And to make it worse, most of them are on business pages, not personal pages. Stupid business. But since other browsers are fixing this problem, maybe we'll make it worth .5 instead, so IE has 1.5

Well I haven't tried FF 1.0.1 yet so I might dl it tonight and see if I like it any more than I did it's first version. I really didn't see anything different other then it really didn't load images that well.

i have used IE for a very long time but since couple of weeks ago i have started using Firefox and i found it to be the best browser, in reality i bet IE has exploits and bugs just as much as Firefox but we know Firefox always updates and fixes their bugs and errors so i find this ensuring unlike IE which is never updated... well atleast i have never updated it. Plus Firefox has awesome extentions to do almost everything you want.

On the Newest version of Mozilla browser . Doz the Problem haz been soluted or not?Really I thought the Problem is on every Browser Opera IE or Mozilla .then It won't do something . I love Open Souce Code Soft.

but soon they will, as more and more people use firefox, hackers and malicious coders will start to change courses and target firefox users. FireFox is as stable as everyone thinks. Internet Explorer itself WAS stable, but only succumbed becasue of it's high popularity, the same thing will happen to firefox in the near future.