xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ssjojo

Script to allow only members to download media from a forum/board.. How to do it ?

Actually, cpanel has a function that can allow you to protect specific directories and folders with a password. It's called WebProtect if I'm not wrong. So put all the media and downloads in a folder, say, "Downloads", and enable webprotect for their folder. Then , give out the password only to your website members or something and you shld be fine.

Yeah that could work, i've also seen something like what ssjojo's trying to do on Avcreations before they updated their site. They used vbulletin for their forums so i'll search more into that and see if i can maybe find a link between the code and how it works and create a tutorial for phpbb or invision, also can you let me know (ssjojo) if it works becuase that could come in handy when i need something like that :P