xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lxcid

Which Video Card Is Better, ATI Radeon, Or N-Vidia

From what I have read and gathered from other people is that an ati graphics card would work best with an amd processor, and nvidia works better with pentium. I have an amd processor, and i purchased a radeon 9800 and have been very pleased with the performance. I recommend an ATI. :P

Right now i'm running a ATI Radeon x700 pro and it's running really smooth and really fast. This is my first ATI card I've purchased because I wanted to try something different. I normally use nVidia just because they are faster and easier to overclock. The only differnce is that I've had some minor problems with them but none with the ATI. My friend has the nVidia 6600 GT which is just about the same price as mine, and our cards run games just as fast and nice as eachother. Any card you buy, whether it be ATI or nVidia is going to give you some nice results. Don't forget that you will probably be upgrading to a different video card in around a year, so there's always a next time :P

Well, I've had my Geforce 4 ti4200 for about 3 years now, and I'm in the market for a new card. I must have received a defective card because I frequently have my monitor going black on me, forcing me to reboot my computer :P

I have a 32 meg ATI Rage Fury Pro that I've had absolutely no trouble with, so I've been doing a lot of reading into ATI cards. I'm so frustrated from my Geforce problems, but it can run Doom 3 at low settings :P

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to find a card I hopefully won't have to upgrade for at least 2 years. I've been looking at cards with 256mb simply because it's twice as much as the Geforce 4. My price cap is $130, and I found an ATI 9550 for $89.99 after rebate, but for just a little extra, I could go with a 9600 which has faster clock speeds... I really don't know. Anyone have any recommendations? Is paying more for a 9600 worth it? or should I just go with a 9550?

I had my NVidia 64MB(3D Capable) video card 3 years ago and... it still goes well with the current releases of video games so I guess there's no need to update. Quality is good, so is its longevity for use. :P I haven't really tried using an ATI video card but I might get one when this current video card of mine can't keep up with the new motion rendering technology. :P

well, john carmac, creater of doom engines, said: if i get problems with the drivers of nvidia, i probably made a mistake somewhere. if it's with ati drivers, i start rewriting their drivers :Pto sum it up: ati & nvidia, hardware just as good. ati maybe even betterbut the drivers are better for nvidia.my gf has an ati 7000 or something like that, and it just keeps crashing :P

i dont really know alot about graphic cards but the best ones out there i know is nVdia and ATi. seems to me theyre pretty the same. sometimes i just look for the cheapest one on the same graphic memory size. usually thats the ATi graphics card. hopefully that'll help

If you are asking for a less than scientific view, I say nvidia. I've had less compatibility problems using the over the years using the nvidia drivers, however I don't know the speed test comps, which could help me decide.

I never buy state of the art graphics cards. they are wlaways way too expensive.who needs dual Nvidia 68000 pci-Express cards, when a single Agp8 nvidia 5700 will run the latest games for a 5th of the price ?you always get better value when you buy the second newest hardware.because i never have the latest graphics card, i dont worry about how the latest nvidia and latest ATI card is slightly better, instead i go by things like the drivers. And i have to say the nvidia drivers are far better than ATI's especially for us *nix guys.

I'm a fan of ATI myself. I have an ATI 9200se Celestia [i think thats how to spell it]. I love it. Its a 128 mb video card, with impressive quality. I bought it for $79 used. I have used Nvidia before, but I just keep coming back to ATI.