xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lxcid

Which Video Card Is Better, ATI Radeon, Or N-Vidia

This is one of the hotest topic ever happen in the gaming world... where gamers are most concern abt... which graphics card is better? my opinion is ATI... cuz i heard too much good stuff abt them and when i saw a game requirement that say... GeForce 3 and Above (Excluding GeForce 4 MX)... Which make me gone crazy and seriously wanted to change my graphics card... how can i get a later version of graphic card but i can't work on some games that the it previous version can... i'm currently abit lag out in the chase of graphics cards... i am considering of upgrading to one of the best on the market so tat it last as long as it could... not like that GeForce 4 MX card i'm having nw... so... ATI or Nvdia? considering their best product now on the market and in near future...

nvidia has better support. ati is easyer to connect with your tv, but nvidia does ok too.john carmac (maker of doom, quake,... the guy is a genious, writes his own videodrivers, crazy) once said:if i'm havint problems with the nvidia drivers, it's probably because i made a mistake somewhere. if it's with an ati card, there's somthing wrong with their drivers.newest nvidia cards are crazy. but ati is cool too. you can't really **** it up, unless you buy a light version or something alike.

NVIDIA's system for the cards is really confusing to me. Hence, Nvidia GeForce 4 7800X or somethin like that. ATi is clean cut, hence ATi Radeon 9600 Pro. And I like ATi, more reliable than Nvidia. My neighbor has a Nvidia, blew out in two weeks after installation.

http://www.nordichardware.se/

i got my result with some search lolz... i'm sorry for those loyal nvidia fans... the result show ati outbeat nvidia by a small bit... but this test is not everything... read on u will noe... i just jump straight to conclusion... becuz i wan an answer fast... i may miss something... so correct me if i'm wrong... but i especially like this of ati...

Looking at the physical characteristics there is no doubt who's got the advantage: ATi's card is smaller, less power consuming, is slightly more silent and only need one card slot. To deliver such a great performance with a card that has a relatively low physical profile, low power consumption and generates little heat is nothing else but exceptional.

i think i'm getting ati :)

Lets just put it this way, I personally believe nVida (not Nvida or nvida), is better, then the rest of the compentition, since they create the chipsets, that other compaines pay, and then create Video Cards...ATi is another company (I believe that creates chipsets also...) that is the major competitor towards nVida... :)Anyway you put it, nVida and ATi are the best... :)

Remember: price for power. nVida you pay more for their cards when you can pay less for an ATi card that is of equal power.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nt so... a comparison of ati x800 and nvidia 6800... the current top 2 cards... x800 most expensive cost SGD1199... while 6800 most expensive cost SGD1099... 100 dollar differences...

x800: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

6800: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i'm not trying to go against nvidia... but i read alot abt graphic card recently and most are praising ati... and with my pass experience with nvidia... really make me like ati... i began as neutral but right nw at this point of time i like ati more den nvidia...

yea the choice between the two si a difficult decision as they have similar feaures and capabilities. I have swithced from a nVidia to an ATI radeon 9000 because I find the ATI produces better graphics, more reliable and has better graphics on the tv output (which i uses quite often). It is true ATI is cheaper and the same if not better in Graphic solutions. So why not go for the cheaper and better option?? Altough ATI are cheaper they are not of poor manufactured quality and also have excellent support.

HII have bought a nvidia 5600xt and it is ****!! the xt stands by ATI for a better quality and by nvidia for a cheaper version and the costumer(me) by it, because it is so cheap. :P:P:P now i have bought a ati 9600pro at the same price!! :P:P:) and it is better than nvidia :):P greez tux

HI

I have bought a nvidia 5600xt and it is ****!! the xt stands by ATI for a better quality and by nvidia for a cheaper version and the costumer(me) by it, because it is so cheap.  :P  :P  :P

now i have bought a ati 9600pro at the same price!! :P  :P  :)

and it is better than nvidia :)  :P

greez tux

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah guys im going with hmi on this one ati owns nvidia n e day of the week and they give a lot more support and update hteir products more often then some other company's...not 2 name n e names......coughnvidiacough

Hmmmm? I'm currently an NVidia user, i'll try using an ATI Video Card to see if it's better than NVidia, I heard a lot of good things about ATI Video Cards but I haven't really tried it.

This is one of the hotest topic ever happen in the gaming world... where gamers are most concern abt... which graphics card is better? my opinion is ATI... cuz i heard too much good stuff abt them and when i saw a game requirement that say... GeForce 3 and Above (Excluding GeForce 4 MX)... Which make me gone crazy and seriously wanted to change my graphics card... how can i get a later version of graphic card but i can't work on some games that the it previous version can... i'm currently abit lag out in the chase of graphics cards... i am considering of upgrading to one of the best on the market so tat it last as long as it could... not like that GeForce 4 MX card i'm having nw... so... ATI or Nvdia? considering their best product now on the market and in near future...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ATI Technologies Inc. is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative 3D graphics and digital media silicon solutions. An industry pioneer since 1985, ATI is the worldâs foremost visual processor unit (VPU) provider and is dedicated to deliver leading-edge performance solutions for the full range of PC and Mac desktop and notebook platforms, workstation, set-top and digital television, game console and handheld markets. With 2004 revenues of US $2 billion, ATI has more than 2,700 employees in the Americas, Europe and Asia. ATI common shares trade on NASDAQ (ATYT) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (ATY

I'd go nvidea, thats what i have right now. I think that ati and nvidea will alway's be close... someone will come out with something fast, then the other comes out with something faster. But Nvidea has sweet driver support, and ati's isnt so hot. And with good drivers you can always squeeze out a little more juice.