xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seaniscrazy

Free File Sharing Programs.

I used to be a kazaa fan... but like everyone else is saying u always run into spywar and/or viruses.... ive tried a few different kinds... WinMX is a pretty good one...

Lately I've cut back a lot with file sharing. Mainly because most of the good BitTorrent sites are being shut down, so there's no more quality files being shared anymore. Every now and then I might find a good BitTorrent on a site and use that, but it is getting harder and harder as they keep shutting down more and more of the good sites. For music downloads, if it's just one song I'm after, I'll usually use KaZaA (Lite, of course), but I don't really rely on it too much to give me decent quality files. On the odd occassion I will use eDonkey but I find it to be VERY slow. Before I stumbled across BitTorrent though, eDonkey was a good source for full album downloads.
I just very recently (about 20 minutes ago actually) downloaded the BETA version of eXeem. It was made by the owners of the suprnova.org website and runs on the BitTorrent protocol, but doesn't need any trackers. To find files to download you simply use a search feature, very much the same as all other P2P programs, and the results are displayed showing rank; name; size; category; language; rating; seeds; downloaders; comments; and date published. As I said, it is still in BETA testing so it may not be completely stable yet, but I think it has great potential. I haven't actually downloaded anything using it yet, but I've used the search features and I have to say I really like the interface. It looks great, and the options make it all so easy to use. Anyway if you'd like to try it out for yourself too, visit:
http://www.exeem.com/