xisto Community
seaniscrazy

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell 3 is going to be sweet, i think splinter cell is better then halo, don't get me wrong i love halo, i own both 1 and 2. its just that halo 2 kinda killed the story, but splinter cell is a great game, i get so into the game. it has great graphics and great ai. like i said before i can't wait for splinter cell 3 (Choas Theory).

well i havent played any of the splinter cell games but i hear from a lot of my friends that it is a great game, well im sure that one day when it comes out im am sure to play it cause if it is better than metal gear solid i got to play it

well i havent played any of the splinter cell games but i hear from a lot of my friends that it is a great game, well im sure that one day when it comes out im am sure to play it cause if it is better than metal gear solid i got to play it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dont count on it! metal gear solid series is way better than splinter cell. talking about splintercell 3, there also be metal gear solid 3 coming out to playstion 2 too! i rather get the metal gear solid verison for stealth instead.

Can't forget about the SC multiplayer either. It wase completely groundbreaking as it combined fps elements with third person stealth action. It was pretty fun on Xbox live even though it was only 2vs2.

basically splintercell was a rip off of theif, both use sticky cameras to see people, the way the AI investiagtes noise and ingores it ect is exactly the same, the way the shadows and the lighting effects are also exactly the same. But i still enjoy both games. even though when you think about it, they are nearly the same with a diffrent facsia you don't notice this when playing them.

Lol, that would sway a persons mind about where the "ripping off" actually happened. Anyways, I've only been able to see commericals. Looks like a good game. I seen a friend of mine player the original awhile back. Looked interesting, but I'm so impatient with the "sneakiness" of the game. Sure it's cool and all, but as I have heard from numerous game reviews. If you lose your stealth, you lose the missions and have to start over. To me stealth isn't my game. Imma "run in and kill em" kinda gamer. I love tactical games as well, but there's just something about sneaking all the time that doesn't quite do it for me. Metal Gear Solid was an exception. I did like this game, but often times I was "nervous" (I guess) to be noticed. Then I would have to hide etc etc. Anyways, long story short, I would like to play Splinter Cell but it's not on top of my priority of games list. Btw: MGS2 sucked..hope 3 is good, my roomie has it. It's sitting here next to me but I haven't tried it. Anyone play it yet?

How can you say Splinter Cell was a ripoff of Thief when SC came out in  11/17/2002 and Thief came out in 05/25/2004??!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, Thief: The Dark Project (The first in the Thief series) was released 11/30/1998. :P

You are referring to Thief III, which is more like Splinter Cell... The first two Thief games in the series (Thief: The Dark Project, and Thief: The Metal Age) were first person, but they set the path for all "sneaker" games from then on.

I highly recommend Thief Gold (Which is a refined version of The Dark Project and includes 2 extra levels), and The Metal Age. You'll really get into Garret's character more and learn about his history.

spot on that man, yes the latest thief was realeased after splintercell but it wasn't the first thief. But the ideas of not being able to see in low light areas, and most of way in which gadgets work, (i.e cameras that you can see through by throwing/firing, knocking guards out rather than killing them, and the way in both games guards will hear a noise investiage and say "it was proberbly nothing" it's very similar, but SC has less zombies and evil cults trying to take over the world, oh and less steam driven robots with cannons for arms.edit- oh and i've only ever played thied 1 and 2 so i can't really say much for three.

Splinter Cell is a third person tactical adventure, not a first person shooter. I wouldnt say I prefer this to Metal Gear Solid, as im sure I can say the same for many others, but it is a classic in its own way. The ideas may not be original as you can tell Tom Clancy has been inspired by far of MGS but if anyone is looking for a challenge then I would strongly recomend Splinter Cell. It took me over a month to complete, the missions are repetitive and in the end I just couldnt wait to finish the damn game to move onto something else. A month for a game comes very occasional for me, I remember the time before that game that took me that loooong was The Thing for the Playstation 2.I did write a review for Splinter Cell but it got deleted when my computer went through its virus stage before I could even put it up on the game website I was working for. I would say its a must have for sneak 'em up fans that likes more of a brain buster than a brainless action game but if you prefer shooting people in a all-out action then you will become very disapointed.I cant wait to start playing Splinter Cell 2, havent yet played that, I havent heard much of the rumours and facts towards the third game, but then Splinter Cell isnt the type of franchise Im much into, or the genre.