xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Hippo Gets Adopted By Male Tortoise... What makes their pair tick ?

Hi,

This is by far one of the most amazing stories I came across and I think it's nothing short of a biological miracle... Read the article at: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Besides this amazing story on how a 1year old orphaned baby Hippo got adopted by a centennial tortoise in a sanctuary in Kenya - the article contains some other equally exciting stories on a group of 5 Oryxes (a type of antelope) once again being adopted by none else than their predator, a LIONESS !! Yes, you heard me right - in fact, she's started growing thinner and thinner coz she spends more time protecting her adopted babies from other predators and neglecting to go out and find food for herself !! Have you heard such amazing stories before ?? Make sure you go visit that link and read all about it....

Are they trying to put through a message of World Peace - to us humans ?? One is left to wonder.....

Yeah, I've read that article before (wtf, why am I always saying that!!!?), and I think it's kind of like humans and animals. We do "adopt" pets and treat them as our own child, and animals adopt humans too (Tarzan :P). I hope the Hippo and Tortoise live happily ever after.