xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cryptonx

Microsoft - First Anti-spyware Now Anti-virus ! Microsoft to produce an Anti Virus Suite

hello

Yes after the Microsoft AntiSpyware beta ( based on Giant AntiSPyware technology )
Microsoft is going to produce its own Microsoft Antivirus software based on some company technology called "Sybari"

on other forums , both of the Software will be optional to install in Windows Longhorn Security Center , but this is a big step as it threats Norton and Mcafee and other big players .

story :

Microsoft buying antivirus software firm, Sybari
- 02.09.2005 06:08 EST by YeOldeStonecat
"SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. announced plans Tuesday to acquire a company whose software aims to protect corporate networks from e-mail borne threats and said it would sell a product based on the technology. The deal for Sybari Software Inc., along with word that Microsoft is gearing up to release its first set of commercial antivirus products, could hurt security companies including Symantec Corp. and McAfee Inc., whose stock prices fell." Full story:MSNBC, Associated Press,...

more : http://www.speedguide.net/news/microsoft-buying-antivirus-software-firm-sybari-1580

Source : http://www.speedguide.net/

They must be pretty good then, for a company whose name or products haven't ever showed up on any kind of news or reviews !! I find it hard to believe MS, who's used to taking over other well-established companies, is picking up a debutante from the market and trying to market their product (or maybe the company's into designing localized custom sw and hasn't yet hit the world market - which brings us to the same point) !!! God knows what they are upto now :P

yes i agree but As For Microsoft Antispyware .. I've used almost all adware software until I found Giant Antispyware .. after a week .. I bought the thing and it's never left me .. it detects spyware/adware in software installation before and after they are installed and u can remove some of the adware features of the program and still enjoy the program :P it has also an excellent set of advanced features ..but a month later Microsoft buys it and released it as beta .. it's not really BETA it's just Microsoft is afraid of negative views so it left it beta until feedback is recieved .. the BETA is based on the latest version of Giant Antispywarebtw in mid 2003 Microsoft also Bought a Romanian Antivirus company . unpopular and unknown .it's LOGICAL that u will NOT find any results for Sybari antivirus cuz IT DOES NOT EXIST , they just previewed a TEchonology for microsoft , MS liked it and bought to RELEASE a new software .. .unlike the Giant case , where the software already existed .Anyways I hope this is for the good of XP and The next Windows users ... I dont really care about Symantec or Mcafee cuz I hate both ... not that thier software is weak .. but it makes my system More weaker ! I currently use Eset Nod 32 for over a year now and i haven't faced a single incdient , while it's very low on resources .

It's not a monopoly to expand into a new field, and if its optional, then it wouldn't force people to install it and therefore it wouldn't bring the problems of WindowsMediaPlayer with the EU(even though why the heck does it matter if media comes with windows, since that dont force you to use it or set your defaults to WMP...)

Somehow I think that Microsoft is jumping into the antivirus bandwagon, most spicifically to help plug holes in its own Operating systems. Its very likely that MS is looking into having a software that is configured to deal specifically with microsoft problems. Think about it.. a majority of all the damage causing virus/worm/trojan bunch attack gaps in OS and specific microsoft programs. And its pretty usual for these attacks to begin after microsoft has announced a problem. So the antivirus devision will research and develop virus cures with the aim of holding back infections while patches are made for the originating code itself. AND you're going to have to pay for it... :-)R.A.

according to MSDN reports , ur wrong kapuntik The purpose of this deal , other than releasing a Commercial AntiViurs program ( which will be free for the next OS users only ) Making small security patches that fixes wholes in current XP SP2 to shut ppl whining about Windows security up , and it will be released thru Microsoft Windows Update V5 ( thus freely for any Windows XP SP2 users ) .of course Windows 95 / 98 and Millenium users( especialy ME ) should either upgrade or stick that CD in thier mouths ...

Wow, Microsoft Antivirus! Maybe they might come up with Microsoft System Works or Microsoft Firewall (well, there is a bad quality Windows Firewall)I don't think I'll use Microsoft Antivirus. Unless they buy Symantec... he he :P

Hi,MS dealing with secure and antivirus scares me to death. MS the grand master of millions of bugs now dealing with more security...!!!! To trust surch of solution would invite your pc to every single of virus or other attacks worldwide. My oppenion is simple...NO THANKS!!! I stay more secure with my old Norton or McAfee or Panda (or everything else than MS).Cheers!Jens

The OS made it's own anti-spyware program, and planning to release an anti-virus one... I already got the anti-spyware, maybe I should get the anti-virus too. :P A windows product for a windows product is a good combination. :P

i quite like the MS anti-spyware software, i used SpyBot fo a while but have switched over to the MS one when it was released as i read it has a larger database and have sofar found it very unintrusive and well worth using. for once M$ seems to have released some software that seems to be very good at its job and not interferaring.

well I haven't heard good things about microsoft anti-spyware, so I don't use it and I don't think that anti-virus will be better... so I trust on zone alarm and norton :) and now there's a new technology of microsoft called "trusted computing" to block unlicensed software, well, and maybe also other "unliked" software, like open source things :) so I only recommend all to use other tools :(