xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ndhill

A Mistake On My Part...

I have everything set up. I can log into my control pannel and I can access everything through my FTP client...But for some reason, my browser can't find anything. I uploaded my site to the "www" where a new folder called "webpages" seems to have been automatically created to contain everything. After this I tried loading ndhill.astahost.com and my browser says that it can't find it. I figured since everything else seems to be working perfectly for me, that I probably put everything in the wrong place where my index page wouldn't be recognised. Any help would be appreciated.Btw, I sincerely thank you guys for the free hosting! -Noel

You should upload the files to the public_html folder. Then it will migrate to the www folder.If you don't have a index.html file you should make sure you delete all old index.htm index.html, and index.phpGive a filename of one or more of the files you have uploaded and if you created subdirectiries give those names also.move your files to the public_html directory firstNils

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Edit: Hmm. It still doesn't want to load. I put everything in the public_html folder and deleted the index page it had previously contained and replaced it with mine. I wonder if it's my browser. someone give this a click, to see if it works on their end.

thanks.
-Noel

Excellent! Thanks a ton bro! What did you do anyway?

Just what we did, first locate your directory and place the test file there "index.html and from there it was a cake walk.It took awhile for your files that was mis-placed to get out of memory... ;) As soon as I saw the directory folder we were on the right way.Enjoy your webpages.... you owe me a nice logo... <jk> ;)Nils

Just what we did, first locate your directory and place the test file there "index.html and from there it was a cake walk.

It took awhile for your files that was mis-placed to get out of memory... ;) As soon as I saw the directory folder we were on the right way.

Enjoy your webpages.... you owe me a nice logo... <jk> ;)

Nils

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks again. Do you want a logo? I can whip one up for ya. It's that least I could do for your troubles. PM me with a discription of what you want and I'll get on it.