xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chris1234

Best Place To Buy Website Names

thanks everybodies,i ended up using godaddy, its quite hard to get a .com with a name that is any good now, it is amazing how many are grabbed and later sold by greedy people with no interest in the name other than the $$$.anyway i figure a com is best cos when i move abroad it can follow, but the .co.uk , and .us are really just countrilised.a 5year name cost $35 not bad, and half the price of a 10 year one!chris

I know what you're saying. Our domain name was registered that way, and it's been for sale for $1500 but we just registered the same domain names with a different ending, so now they can sit on it. If anyone start using the domain name for our kind of business, we'll get them them because the name is and © copyrighted. The only thing we don't have is the short version of the domain name..Nils

hqhost.net provide cheap domain registration. Domain zone..........For hosting clients........For clients with tariff Domain.com .net .org....................$7........................................$7.50.biz .info .us .name.............$8..........................................$9.CC..................................$27........................................$32.TV..................................$30.........................................$35.FM.................................$240........................................$250.ws..................................$20.........................................$25You register domains by yourself. So, you're the owners of all the rights to domain.

Nice! $7.50 to won a domain seems like a brilliant offer..... but at the same time it seems too good to be true, and you remeber what they say about things that look too ggod to be true, they usually aren't. Have you used this site for more than a year? Is everything fine?

Hmmm - It does look too good to be true. I guess that as there is only 25MB of disk space and 1GB monthly BW, there are limitations. You can also only use MS Frontpage Extensions and Perl. No php or asp.I use https://www.123-reg.co.uk/ (being a Brit) and have had no problems with the service at all. They have the option to renew your domains in advance so you don't accidentally forget and lose the domain. Lots of add on options too like Webmail, pop3 accounts. They also do paid hosting.I must admit it does annoy me that people register these names and just hold on to them to sell at a profit. Mid you, if I could have got hold of microsoft.co.uk before they did, I'd be a very rich man by now..... :)

Most of those domainregistration services are US based, or UK based. Now I have a small issue there LOL. I am from Belgium and don't have a credit card (which I truly see as a good thing, I would dig a financial hole as big as the Grand Canyon with one I think). Anyone any ideas on getting domains internationally without Credit Card (or paypal - since for some reason they also require a cc to verify the account or get money on it :) ). Most Domain Registration Services are very pricey here in Belgium...