xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kc8yff

Asteroid In 2029, an asteroid will be viewable...

I think everyone's just hoping it won't hit us :( . But in reality, if the asteroid really is going to be coming as close to the Earth as these reports claim then we might want to brace ourselves. Someone else mentioned that all kinds of factors (other metorites, space junk, etc, gravity, etc.) can affect its path. If that's the case then it is very hard to predict whether it will hit us, skim by, or even get close. These anaylses are really just educated guesses. No one really knows on stuff like that especially when it's that far in the future. Then again, if it does hit us, we're screwed. I mean there isn't anything we can do.... Something as large as that would cause tidal waves, earthquakes, you name it. Probably get wiped out like the dinosaurs. And as to destroying it? We'd never pull that off for a few reasons. 1. We don't have anything powerful enough to destroy something that big.2. We don't have the technology / experience to fire a weapon into space, far enough to hit it before it hits us.3. What happen's if by some miracle we do hit it? Millions of rocks rain down upon us. That wouldn't be cool.Anyways, yeah that's my take on thing. Wow, that took a while... :D

A wile ago they thought it would hit the earth. For about one day people were totaling freaking out then they relized they did the math wrong. I was young and never relized anything was wrong and didnt hear any of this to the next day when it was all figered out. But that would suck if it hit the earth.

Well, according to the report, even if it did hit earth, it would only cause local damage and have regional impacts. and since it won't be visible from the US, i'd say it'd be ok if it hit somwhere else. i mean, whaddya do? haha. jk i wouldn't want anyone to be hurt by it. but it's good to know even if they're wrong we could probably (hopefully?) figure out where it would impact and get everyone out if we needed.or we could just build a really big trampoline and and launch it into a new orbit. i think that'd be the best idea. then no one gets hurt and no property is damaged. plus after the asteriod was launched back from earth we could all get together, drink some booze and bounce on the trampoline in jubilation! woo hoo!!....wow, i think it's time for bed....yes...need....sleep...Ray J Gentry IV