xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dissipate

Anyone Old Enough To Have Played - WarCraft I, C&C I & Dune I ?

Hey, Dune! I'm only 16, but I play Dune II: The Building of an Empire still. It's pretty difficult, but addictingly fun. Did you know that this 1992 game was recently voted 2nd out of 25 in IGN's top 25 games of all time? X-COM: UFO Defense got 1st place. I've never played it myself. Anybody here played it? Supposedly it combinde Starcraft type action with Sim City type resource control.

-Kyle

dUNE /// \\\\===C&C specialy Red Alert... RA 1 and 2 and almost all c&c W1 (happen found the cd yet) only Warcraft 2 and 3 Wolfenstein. Empire. Caesar. duh.mario .... sighoh my back it's hurt. child, where's my stick ?... sigh

Believe it or not, I was already using "Blitzkrieg" with people on LAN in Read Alert when I was only 7 and I really have to thank the kind attendant for allowing an underaged student to do so. I just seem to build alot of light thanks until I have like seperate groups of around twenty each before flanking the enemy and at least one group to defend my base. I find all other units useless except for Rocket Infantry for anti-air since they're simply cost effective. And no, I haven't played the other games... :P

I'm old enough to have played the first Dune, but I only played it for a little while before getting bored with it, on the other hand, Dune 2, that's a whole different ball game, it is one of my favourite real time strategy games, and I still enjoy playing it even today.

I remember the 1st warcraftand the first dune...played both of them like every day after school back in the day...back in sega times i actually even had dune for sega and me and my friends could never beat the computer cuz they kept getting better units and we were too young and stupid to understand how haha

Never played dune heard of it. Played warcraft mist lots more. Still have warcraft and eye of the beholder parts 1/2/3 can play all three from start to finish now in 5 hrs or less for I now all routes and where everything is. Can beat all levels but the last monster in the last set last level. Every now and then I go back and try again. the good games are for ever. the bad fade to the rubish heap and are forgotten.

roylazarovich funny you should say its one of your favourite rts games as Dune 2 was actually the first ever real time strategy game - by rules of real time strategy game which basically consist of constant moves by both players as the major which is stated in the name ofcourse and not the good old turn based games.Warcraft on the other hand delved deeper into the "thinking" computer opponent, as the copmuter either acted apon turn based events or rts as it saw fit for example certain soldiers would only become active if you moves into their area or would only start to attack your base once you cleared away a certain patch of black or raided a certain mine.@ KnightEagle so true about good games i still have a DOSBox onmy computer and run all the goodies even as far back as leisure suite larry ;_P

wooo....old enough? are youn outa ur mind? age is nothing that needs to be brought up when it comes to those games... I am only 16 and i own the originals of all except for Dune..Ive never played that yet..It is kinda wierd how i work though. I bought the 2nd Warcraft than the 1st cuz i liked it so much. C&C my parents bought em all for me throughout my christmases about 3-4 years ago..I love those games...Btw people have stoped with the 10 min no rush...at least in Starcraft...they do a 20 min no rush now hahaha i kill em neway its fun to hear the rudeness they spout out.(if that made anysense at all)