xisto Community
Xeon

Bittorrent!

Do you use Bittorrent? If so, what client do you use? I currently use ABC (Yet Another Bittorrent Client) and find its really good. New features are still being implemented on the sourceforge project, which is pretty neat. So, do you use Bittorrent and what client do you use?

yea....love bit torrents. Personally I use BitComet. It's simple and does the job perfectly. Couldn't ask for a better application for downloading through BitTorrents ^_^

Yeah... although sometimes finding large, slightly obscure files can be slightly frustrating with bittorrent, since occassionally you'll run into a lack of seeders, it's extremely useful for downloading things that came out recently. Personally, I use Limewire and Shareaza for bittorrent, but Shareaza more than Limewire.

Bittorrent is the greatest!!! I use it everytime to download movies and music. The annoying thing about it though is many a times there's this popup thingy that says you can't connect to something forgot what it is. Overall it's great though...

I mainly use Azureus, as i found that my downloads were going faster in it compared to bitcomet. I just use it mainly for movies and albums and software. But in the future i'm going to try out the new and way better way of using a program like bittorrent check it out! Exeem-http://www.exeem.com/

I also use Azureus. It is one of the top bittorrent clients and it seems to work. I am still afraid of the MPAA though. Never know when the could get ya. I dl in spurts. Need to do some updating!

i use bittorrent alot it works really well for searching for something that you cant really find anywhere else the client i ise is called bitlord and it roxxorz very very very simple to use allows you to pause change priority rank and all that great stuff

I just use BitTornado. The only extra feature really needed is the ability to adjust upload limits, and BitTornado does this. It may not be the best client out there, but it's light and does everything I need it to, so it's perfect for me. Some people prefer a client that supports multiple downloads in one window, or pretty interface like Azereus, but I like to keep things simple. Only personal preference though, I don't think there can be a best and worst of BitTorrent clients, it just depends on the users' needs.

BitComet user here. I used to use BitTornado too but I prefer "old style" p2p programs where I have all downloads in one window. I alsi had my try with Azareus and it was good. But I started suspecting it from causing problems with my router so I switched to BitComet. It turned out it wasn't Azaresua dn actually now I have a whole other router. But BitComet kinda stuck. Personalyl I did not notice any changes in download speeds.

BitComet user here. I used to use BitTornado too but I prefer "old style" p2p programs where I have all downloads in one window.

I alsi had my try with Azareus and it was good. But I started suspecting it from causing problems with my router so I switched to BitComet. It turned out it wasn't Azaresua dn actually now I have a whole other router. But BitComet kinda stuck. Personalyl I did not notice any changes in download speeds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you knew how to properly set your upload limits you would definitely see a big change in download speeds. There is a good tutorial on the suprnova.org forums which explains how to find the right settings for you. If you're interested, go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and sign up, then look through the tutorial forum to find a thread labelled "HOW-TO: Increase download speeds with BitTorrent" or something like that. I did this after a short time of using BitTorrent and I was amazed with the improvement. If you can't be bothered reading a tutorial, just try playing with the limits by yourself and you may get lucky, I personally have my limits set to;

Upload speed: 12 kbps

Upload users: 3

and I get full use of my bandwidth... of course depending on how many other peers there are, but at times I get download speeds of 150kbps which is about the best my 1.5 MB connection can handle.

For bittorrent, I use Azureus. I used to go to suprnova.org to get torrents, but since that site is down now, what sites does everyone here use? I also usepunkhc.dyndns.org, torrentspy.com and lokitorrent.com but most of the time I cannot find what I am looking for at these sites.