xisto Community
pluperfect

Anyone Watch Arrested Development?

Just curious if anyone here watches this show and what they think of the current season. It was hilarious and "groundbreaking" in Season 1 but now in the 2nd season they seem to be already running out of ideas and re-treading the same old stories. It's gotten watered down to the point of being a run-of-the-mill sitcom (sans laughtrack and studio-only scenes, thankfully). The season started out pretty entertaining but after about four or five episodes went really downhill and remains there now.Anyone else who has seen it feel this way?

When i saw that there was going to be a new comedy on BBC 2 i got a little excited, but when i watched the first 10 minutes i just didn't think it was funny AT ALL. What i read about it said it was good but i just did not find it funny. so i haven't watched it since.

when i FIRST heard about arrested development coming out, i knew it was a show i would like.. but i didn't want to watch it, because it came on during the same time-slot american dreams came on, on sundays.. at that time, i didn't know how to record a show while i was watching another, unfortunately.. so i didn't actually find out how until a few months ago.. i didn't start watching arrested development until a few episodes toward the end of the 2nd season.. i've seen a couple here and there, but definitely had no idea what was going on, so i bought the 1st season.. now i feel completely caught up and i understand a lot of the jokes and things that they talked about in the 2nd season.. i haven't seen the whole 2nd season to say it's gone downhill, but i don't think i'd feel the same way.. i think this is my favorite show now, and i wish they'd put the 2nd season on DVD before the 3rd starts up so i could be caught up before then, but it won't be until after unfortunately. anywho.. i LOVE this show. ron howard's a genius.