xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gentoo

What Is Isp Email? How to validate it?

Isp email is needed to apply for a register on some sites.Would you like to tell me what is "ISP EMAIL"? I have ever bought an email in some server.And I found that the free accounts and nonfree accounts in that server share the same domain in email address.It is impossible to tell free account from nonfree account in that sever.I don't think those site with requesting for isp-email will validate the "Nonfree email" by bothering the admin in these mail servers.So I am puzzled.Appreciate for your help!

ISP email, stands for Internet Service Provider E-mail. So in that case most ISP's give you a free e-mail account for example,yourname@isp.netSo who is ur ISP, becuase in that case if they didn't give you a free account i'd ask them about it. Some free hosting sites get you to use them becuase then they know it's a real person. Becuase some people could create heaps and heaps of multiple accounts using hotmail and other easy to get mail accounts. That's why is a more secure way of getting good customers. And yes i've seen it done before. I hope that helped you! :)

gentoo,I'm with S S X, on the ISP email. the best way to get around that is to use a service that are not considered free like sneakemail.com, it is used to mask your real email address by creating a new address for each place you sign up.You can use your email setting in the cpanel to create a one-time email address to use on sites that don't accept free email addresses.As an example for weatherbug (I don't know anything about weatherbug :) ) you create an email address w-bug@yourname.astahost.com and reply to whatever signup scheme they have. Then you can direct all email to that address into the trash-can until you are done using it and at that time you can delete it.Nils

This ISP email thing is nasty... Not possible to use the ISP email everywhere - like me, a non-thai living in thailand - my isp email is in thai and theres no way I'm gonna learn how to read & write thai to be able to use my isp email.
Flip side: I was buying some activex controls online through the ShareIt.Com payment gateway - and even though I maintain a paid email account at Runbox (https://runbox.com/) - ShareIt kept on rejecting my email quoting it to be from a "Free Service", just because runbox has that 1 month free trial going on. What a mess - you can't even use your goddamned paid account to buy stuff ?? I had to sit back and try almost over 50 different free emails till I got one that worked at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (probably wasn't listed "free" on shareit database). But it took me the whole day and useless registrations at over 50 diff sites - not a very pleasant experience.
Anyway, for those who keep facing these kind of problems and are willing to go to the lengths I did (in short, the Height of Desperation & Frustration) - you are most welcome to check this site out - http://www.emailaddresses.com/ - that's where I got the list of my 50 different email hosts. Nice site and updated very frequently with good reviews. Lots of other goodies too. :)
All the best.

Awseome Help explaining & obtaining ISP email accountsWhat Is Isp Email?

THANK YOU so very much! I finally was able to get my question answered. You explained it so I coud understand it and I found a provider!So thanks again!

-feedback by Tricia