xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evion

A Guide To Training Mages in MMORPGS

I hope I've put this in the right place because I've never seen a gaming tutorial in the tutorial section of this forum :P OK first off, your stats should start with a high intelligence (A definite thing in all RPGs) If you start with random stats this will not be worth much. [PRISTONTALE]{Note this guide is only till the 2nd class advance}In Pristontale you don't have to bother much about your stats. Your intelligence is replaced with "spirit". (Take note*) Mages should check the required stats of the robe or wand/staff that you are buying and pump your stats on it. For spells, I recommend for the starter spells you just raise them by 1 each. (You might want to pump on agony)By level 23 after your 2nd class advance you should have accumulated 3 skill points, pump all on watorado. The rest of the skills you can pump 1 each.[MAPLESTORY]{For this game training mage is a bit more complicated}Something you have to remember in this game is that Mages are the ONLY class whose accuracy is based on luck. Mages will pump their stats on Intellect and luck. For a perfect mage in Maplestory, make sure your luck is 3 more than your level and intellect all the rest. At the beginning, don't bother with the luck yet, you will be able to pump on it later. The hardest part of training in the Mage class in MS is during levels 7-19. During this time, your spells are not totally mastered yet and you have poor attacking powers. Do not fear, mages are the world's best ksers and killers, once you have a good mage that is. In Maple island, you will find yourself hitting 1s and 2s. Hard to train but you'll be able to make it with a little patience.For your skills, starting you get one skill point to add. Add it on energy bolt. After that, raise 2 on MP recovery and 1 on claw. When MP recovery is maxed, work on MP increase, when claw is maxed work on Magic guard. NEVER in all cases pump your stat on Magic Armour. The only reason that you will pump your stat on Magic armour is if you want to be a lightning mage. If you want to be a cleric, any of them will do (Guard or armour) 'cause later on invincible will be much stronger. Well this is my tutorial for Mages. I hope it is usefull for people playing these games. Any other games with Mages, tell me and i would add a tutorial for that too.If there are anything wrong with my tutorial please PM me and Ill get back to it ASAP. :)

I have no clue when it comes to games but this looks like a tutorial you put some effort into. I'll give you a +1 reputation. Keep up the good posts (even if I don't have a clue what you are talking about) :)Nils

I only have one tip for Maple Story and I'm sure you all will know...that is to change your attack mode to ctrl, get a newspaper, fold it into a square and stuff it in...LoL.My classmates does that most of the time but I don't play it since I find it...lame.

No offense to all Maple Story players...each people have their own taste.

:) no prob dude! I do it all the time too. Hacks like these are easy to do! Thanks for the +1 reputation Nil I'll put up another topic on my experience on MUDs (Have no idea why nobody seems to talk about the much...) and how to start playing them. :P

Nice explaination friend! :) Maybe I should start one on warriors and bowmen since i always choose those when we play... Techocian(Mage) and Xyhroex(Warrior) We are sort of like a tag team! Very fond of our friendship!