xisto Community
MajesticTreeFrog

Who Is Considering Switching?

remember, after Apple swapped their machine to the crappier Intel Core Duo, you can now run Windows XP side-by-side with MacOS X.I'm still thinking, wtf was Apple thinking to stop using the PowerPC chips? They are better than the x86 based chips anyways.xboxrulz

Edited by xboxrulz (see edit history)

One thing that definately has kept most people from switching is the lack of variety and marketing of MACS.If I walk into Best Buy and look around at all the computer, I would be lucky to see even one MAC.I think that if they focused on getting MAC out there to where everyone can plainly see them they would start getting better business.

If I walk into Best Buy and look around at all the computer, I would be lucky to see even one MAC.

I think that if they focused on getting MAC out there to where everyone can plainly see them they would start getting better business.

True, very true. At most stores there's this whole section entirely dedicated to PCs, but just a time sector for Macs. And obviously if Macs were advertised more and had more users, they probably would be able to lower the price. Although the problem currently is that most average users currently use the PC, and unless they had some really compelling reason to switch, they probably aren't going to do it. So unless Apple can come up with some nice reasons....not many users will actually be motivated to change. (People dislike change, right? :D)

Once upon a time when I was in elementary and middle school I used Macs--iBooks and iMacs, and eMacs. I didn't really have a huge preference for Macs, mainly because at home I used a PC and thus was more used to a PC. Currently I have no intention of switching to a Mac, as I'm perfectly happy with the PC I have. :unsure:
Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

True, very true. At most stores there's this whole section entirely dedicated to PCs, but just a time sector for Macs. And obviously if Macs were advertised more and had more users, they probably would be able to lower the price. Although the problem currently is that most average users currently use the PC, and unless they had some really compelling reason to switch, they probably aren't going to do it. So unless Apple can come up with some nice reasons....not many users will actually be motivated to change. (People dislike change, right? :D)
Once upon a time when I was in elementary and middle school I used Macs--iBooks and iMacs, and eMacs. I didn't really have a huge preference for Macs, mainly because at home I used a PC and thus was more used to a PC. Currently I have no intention of switching to a Mac, as I'm perfectly happy with the PC I have. :unsure:

The reason most stores do not sell Macs is the difficulty of getting into the Apple retail chain. Apple puts a lot of requirements on a store if they are going to sell Apple products: displays, prices, bundling, sales, amount of space dedicated, service, etc. All of the rules have to be met to sell Macs.

This limits the number of places which sell Macs, but it guarantees that all of them will meet a level of quality and portray a particular image. They do not want to just be stuck on a shelf as just "another computer". I also think some of it has to do with throttling their growth rate a bit. Apple does not want to go from 7% to 14% market penetration overnight. There are a lot of growing pains associated with making that jump and many companies have died while doing it. Rather, they want to make steady inroads at a growth rate they can handle at the same time preserving their image and distinctive niche.