xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan1405241476

What Server?

What server are you all hosted on, i want to get an idea of A. how many servers Xisto hasB. what are the server's namesI think this will kina interesting to find out the names, i am on "panda" to find out the name of the server you are on, log on to cpanel and it will be listed under "General server information"

If I remember right, all free hosting at Xisto is on this (one) server. Xisto's free hosting is on another server. Paid hosting are on different servers so they will not be affected by the free accounts and actions by users here. So everyone here is on the same server.Nils

Server staff who actually own the servers prename the strange servers names, so its basically not up to us, not that we think a server name should actually matter :).The way our servers are managed and used ensure that free hosting doesn't clash with paid hosting, yet both get excellent service.

lol, i was just curious, i guess random names are common, in a networking class i took last year we named our server bob and our domain FANTA, lol, so the server staff aren't the only ones who come up with strange names for servers, high school student do too.