xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arkad

Help! Problem With My Flash-Drive Sh17 happens ..

Story ::A was installing WinXP on PCB's Flash Drive (FD) was in the USB Slot.While the WindowsXP Setup is partitioning, 'A' realised that the light on the FD was blinking .. indicating activity so he plucked it out immediately.Now 'B's FD is corrupted .. I recovered almost all the data from the corrupted FD using Ontrack's EasyRecovery 6.0 .. It is the most amazing software ever developed .. it could virtually recover all data in a drive that had been formatted ..Alright .. now is the headache .. there is no way that I could get the drive to work normally .. it was detected by WinXP but cannot be read .. worst .. I can't format it ..Tried to use Partition Magic to format but it can only detect HDDs .. can't think of an other ideas .. Hope someone can help suggest some ::1) Software2) TEchnicto solve this problem ..Thanks

You can use GParted on Linux to try to reformat the flash drive. Remember to back up your data first onto your hard drive (or something else).I don't know what could have happened to cause Windows XP to not recognize the drive again. Did you check device manager?