xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Npgamers

Css Problem

How come my home page will not load my CSS page, i have both upload, but it seems like the home page is not reading the css page. And yes i have a link to the css in the html, so thats not the problem.

what syntax are you using in the reference to your CSS file?

the syntax that i use which i find works is:

<html><head><title>Page Title</title><link href="mystyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head>
as can be seen it is located in the head block of the html, copying this verbaitum should work correctly assuming that the CSS file is located in the same directory as the HTML file that is referencing it, remember you need to reference every file that you want the CSS file to style for you.

another problem may be syntaxing the CSS file, i don't know what sort of effect incorrect syntax has on CSS files. if you are unsure check w3schools css section, for a good tutorial, this is where i learnt the syntax for the one used on my site.

I'm new to this.............. but how do I put all of my files in the same place, so that when i preview it, all the pages will work.  I've done it before, but it must be different on here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:)

Put your html file in the html_public folder. Then you files will be at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ If you use index.html then you can type in that or the name of the file you want preview.

Nils