xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wreslur

Metaphors Anyone?

ehem post your own your favorite or what inspired you "Relationships are kind of like cream of wheat. You don’t want to rush into making your cream of wheat, by throwing it into a pot, guess on the amount of water to add and turn the flames up all the way. You have got to have patience when making your cream of wheat. You want to slowly open the cream of wheat, so you don’t spill any, add the correct amount of water using a measuring cup, and turn the flames to the correct setting. You have to take time making you cream of wheat, get to know it and understand it. Once you get you cream of wheat cooking (she says yes). You don’t want to turn the flames up. Sure it is fun at fist, but then your cream of wheat overflows and you make a mess. You also don’t want to cook it too slow, because you will never get anything done, and the cream of wheat will be no good. You got to keep it on a nice medium setting, so you can enjoy your cream of wheat. Love your cream wheat, be nice to your cream of wheat, and make hot dirty love to your cream of wheat."Cain Ducote17Mansura Louisiana 2/17/87A caveman

This topic reminds me of an oldish british program called 'the fast show'. On this program there was a sketch with a seedy looking second hand car salesman and he always used similies for 'making love to a beautiful woman', oh the laughs it was very funny (although probably best whitnessed to be believed that it actually was funny)

lmao

"I think people who speak in metaphors should shampoo my freakin' crotch!"
--Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets"

"Microsoft, ladies and gentlemen, is a cheap *****. She lives on the fringes of the law, but thereâs no getting rid of her because she fulfils a certain need in our society. People want what she is selling.

Thereâs a certain painted-on mystique to her, of course. Weâve all been indoctrinated with the propaganda, the hooker with the heart of gold, the disturbingly wide-mouthed Pretty Woman. When you find her, though, beneath the paint sheâs really quite plain. You take what you need from her, but reluctantly and because you have no alternative. You get what you want, but she is almost peripheral to the act.

Apple is a lover.

From the moment you meet her, you know that she wants you to be happy. She wants to be a part of your life, and you canât help but be drawn into wanting to be a part of hers. She is beautiful and elegant in ways that the layers of paint on the Microsoft street-walker can only desperately try to imitate.

There is one danger, though. So long as you are careful to protect yourself from infection, Microsoft can not hurt you. Microsoft is a transaction, and if the transaction goes sour, youâre only out of pocket. When your lover hurts you, she can break our heart.

And Apple, for all her charm and grace, is notoriously thoughtless at times: scratch the surface of the Internet and youâll find a string of bitter, abandoned ex-âs who still curse her name.

Linux (on the desktop, at least) is the psychotic girlfriend.

She seems exciting at first and you pour an enormous amount of energy into the relationship, but she keeps demanding more and more, and she never gets any more predictable. Youâll find yourself awake at 4am arguing with her about where you left the toilet seat. And while the fact that her idea of a good night out is a trip to McDonalds means your wallet is thanking you, you end up wishing for someone a bit more refined.

If youâre lucky, youâll come to your senses and do your best to keep her at arms length. If youâre unlucky, Stockholm syndrome will start to kick inâŚ"

You can find this all in these two posts:
The Fishbowl: Totured Metaphor
Fishbowl: Psychotic Ex

stephen

Linux (on the desktop, at least) is the psychotic girlfriend.

She seems exciting at first and you pour an enormous amount of energy into the relationship, but she keeps demanding more and more, and she never gets any more predictable. You’ll find yourself awake at 4am arguing with her about where you left the toilet seat. And while the fact that her idea of a good night out is a trip to McDonalds means your wallet is thanking you, you end up wishing for someone a bit more refined.

If you’re lucky, you’ll come to your senses and do your best to keep her at arms length. If you’re unlucky, Stockholm syndrome will start to kick in…"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMFAO!

I'll take the psycho girlfriend. She certainly gives you much more satisfaction than the other two without burdening your pocket book or making you feel emotionally 'committed'.

# man; X ; X ; X ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount

# at now +1 hour

# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount

# sleep

ah .. the power of the command line ....

cheers

hashbang

lol....i think i could agree with hashbang on this one..stephen

LMFAO!

I'll take the psycho girlfriend. She certainly gives you much more satisfaction than the other two without burdening your pocket book or making you feel emotionally 'committed'.

# man; X ; X ; X ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount

# at now +1 hour

# sleep

cheers

hashbang

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice hashbang. *NICE*. Now, go send that to all the linux mailing lists you can find.

LMFAO!I'll take the psycho girlfriend. She certainly gives you much more satisfaction than the other two without burdening your pocket book or making you feel emotionally 'committed'.

# at now +1 hour
# sleep

cheers
hashbang

another example of the suberb enlightening content avalible on the forums here... sometimes i do wonder why i don't IRC anymore.... :)