xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JimBeam1405241475

Toogle

This is a cool little site that I found on another forum. It's called Toogle, and it's basically just a spoof site of Google (Duh!). You can use it to search for anything you want, anything at all, and it will display your result as an ascii image. It's quite a fun site, and it can bring up some very interesting results.
I searched Jim Beam and of course got an ascii art of the Jim Beam logo. It's great... hopefully you guys enjoy it.

http://www.c6.org/toogle/

Have fun.

that is pretty cool. i expected by the name for it to be a tool search engine, applications and such. didnt expect acsii to come out of it. its really cool searching for your favorite bands and getting a cool image like that.

thats more than good, thats amazing, i like it, how did you find that link, no matter its still really cool and im gonna post a link on my site, you dunno how cool that is to me, take a genuine iamge and make it into letters and words, thats cool, Try Star Trek its fun.

hmmm interesting site... a little pointless i guess but very good fun...i would love to see the code for doing the ASCII images since it doesn't use different characters it uses the search term, very clever. i tried to write a program once to convert .jpg's to ASCII images but it failed miserabley maybe i was taking the wrong aproach by using different charachters for shade instead of colour...

thats more than good, thats amazing, i like it, how did you find that link, no matter its still really cool and im gonna post a link on my site, you dunno how cool that is to me, take a genuine iamge and make it into letters and words, thats cool, Try Star Trek its fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was posted on another forum that I visit regularly. I thought it was amazing, and when I came across this forum here I thought it was appropriate to post it here. I'm glad to see you guys are happy with the site, although I was sure people would like it. It proved to be quite popular over at the other forum where I found it.

Ive hit about 5 forums with it, Im gonna hold off putting a link on my site just now but when I do I can see all my members loving it, havent heard anyone say anything bad about it yet, suppose its just an idea that I havent seen neither have they apprently. its just a little weird, im gonna make it my homepage.

Wow, that is really cool. I think i'll have to keep that with my favorite links. I think I'm going to have some fun with this. I wish it was an image so I could copy it easier, but I guess that wouldn't be really easy for them to do. Well it's fun anyway!Thanks for the link! :)

it's a great.. er... thing :) how many people worked on making it?
but does anyone know what images it uses? you don't get the first google image, or at least, not always. try 'superman'
Toogle - Superman Google - Superman
see, it's not the same.. and it's absolute coincidence that it's a, well, you know⌠'weird' image. :P
children under 18: dont click "Image - or is it" :)

EDIT: maybe it isnt coincidence, searching 'homer' gives a 'weird' image too...
those people who made it probably did it on purpose :P