xisto Community
Mastermund

Pop Goes Yahoo! Any recommendations?

For all you Thunderbird users, I would very much appreciate it if you could tell me what program you use to download Yahoo! mail onto your computer. I recently tried Yahoo POPs, which was, from what I heard, an excellent program. However, after following many people's instructions, I simply could not get it to download my mail. Does anybody have any tried and tested programs used in retrieving Yahoo! mail?(Yes, I know Yahoo!'s POP3 program is for paying customers only and that I am not looking for a true POP3 client, just something to download Yahoo! inbox mail onto my computer.)

I am not sure which country's yahoo did you register. but if you signed out with the yahoo.com.sg (& yahoo.co.uk i think) .. there will be an option for you to enable the POP download.

For all you Thunderbird users, I would very much appreciate it if you could tell me what program you use to download Yahoo! mail onto your computer. I recently tried Yahoo POPs, which was, from what I heard, an excellent program. However, after following many people's instructions, I simply could not get it to download my mail. Does anybody have any tried and tested programs used in retrieving Yahoo! mail?

(Yes, I know Yahoo!'s POP3 program is for paying customers only and that I am not looking for a true POP3 client, just something to download Yahoo! inbox mail onto my computer.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a look at this page here Lots of people use YahooPOPs (I don't have any need to...) so check the instuctions and make sure you're following them correctly. If others can, you ought to be able too... Anyway, there are other alternatives listed there, so give them a shot too.

Update !

There's a BETA extension available too for Thunderbird to allow downloading Hotmail / Yahoo. More details can be found in the Mozillazine forum here .

IMHO, this might be better as you won't have to keep an app running all the time or remember to start / stop it when your client starts. Being an extension, it'll be integrated right into Thunderbird.