xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enterthematrix

Halo 2 Vs Half-life 2

Which game is better, Halo 2 or Half-Life 2?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Half-Life 2 all the way... don't get me wrong I love halo and its a great game, but half-lifes been around before anyone even thought of the X-box. Half-lifes got experience years of it and in Halo its like around 100years from now, but Half-life is just 10 or so...
Its kick *bottom* to be a marine in halo and to blow way alien *bottom*, but in Half-life (1 and 2) your a smart MIT alien *bottom* kicker its win freaking WIN!. Halo does have the better weapons and vehicles, but who needs that stuff when you have the gravity gun and can contral little bug things to do your bidding

You just said everything I wanted to say lol xD

HL2 RULZ

Halo 2 Vs Half-life 2

Theres absolutly no compitition - Half-Life 2! Halo 2 is good, but it doesn't have the puzzles, nice storyline, or supercool weapons and enemys of half-life 2, PLUS, the ai's of halo 2 aren't nearly as complicated.

-reply by I-LOVE-FPS-GAMES

HALF LIFE 2!

Halo 2 Vs Half-life 2

Half life 2 is WAY, WAY, WAY, 100% bettet than halo 2! in Halo 2: 1.Ai is STU-PID. An alien is 1/4 behind a wall, and he thinks hes hiding. 2.Bad storyline! COME ON. You wake up in the ship, then AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP, the aliens attack. Seriously.3.Bad weapons. The first weapon you get, NO AMMO! ya cant even use it for melee? jeez. 4. Physics? IS there any pjysics at all? I havent seen any. Now, HALF LIFE 2: 1. AWESOME AI. Dude, alyx cant see in a dark place UNLESS you turn your flashlight on! ITS AWESOME, right?! 2. Fanastic storyline. In a lot of games, you have a HUD for no reason. In HL2, you get the hazard suit, THEN you have a HUD! before, No HUD! very believable! 3.Great weapons. The first weapon you get, is a crowbar. Unlimited ammo, kills in a few hits! then, the RPG! unlike the one in Halo 2, you can guide the rocket! let down: doesnt do an much BOOM or damage. :( 4.Physics. GREAT physics, a 2 ton truck falls realisticly, and a few barrels blowing up looks real! much better than Halo 2s physics.

So, halo: 0! half life 2: 4! HL2 WINS! WHOOOO! well, maybe a 1/8 point for halo (rocket launcher :P)

-reply by army dude

looks like we have a winner!Halo 2 Vs Half-life 2

seeing that halo 2 has no replies half life 2 wins, my opinion is that half life 2 is better.  halo 2 is awesome but can get boring and I am saying that to the WHOLE series.  even if you have it for the PC. You really don't have the source mod feature.  and any game series that doesn't have that then for sure it is going to get boring.  half life 2 has so many mods to it.  synergy for multi-player hl2.  smod:tactical for a seperate zombie game.  smod original for a hl2 more gore weapons with friendly fire mod.  gmod for a fun little editor perfect for machinima mod.  and the list goes on.  but when it comes to graphics halo 2 wins.  but when you install fake factory which inhances graphics they even out.  ai is WAY better, it's not everyday you see a cp fall of a edge on aciddent.  story is more complex and out of the ordinary, comparing to halo's story and if anyone disagries then google a game called starcraft. More realistic weapons, pistol, magnum (real name is roliver), 22 gage shotgun, rpg, frag granade, smg, crowbar, combine sniper, and crossbow, plus even more in the beta, halo's realistic guns are way more powerful then ordinary.  reality physics are more in the hl2 side, jumping is a BIG proof, limited sprint, bodies look dead when in air (the grunts going of the edge waving thier arms).  better kill expirience, body falls in a way it's soposed to.  better ragdoll effects.  small interactions for realism, in hl you can explode maggnisum's cassoral and forgives you in hl2 ep2 big easter egg, gman sightings, in ep2 you destroy a guy's beer and gets pissed,  and a bigone is the strider vs dog fight in ep2.  you can facepose, make movements, and easily make a kickass machinima like vae victis, unlike the old and anoying moving your head up and down talk.  character's more complicated with alyx's more real girl character, gman (my favorite character in any game) for his mysterious, calm, ridged, busnis like, evil look, scary, and orginised characteristics, maggnisum's ******* like charicteristic in hl and ep 2. And halo is over rated.

-feedback by DanTheMan

Yeah, you can smell a fanboi a mile away.Fanboi: an Idiot, typically lives under the delusion that something is superior to "everything"

Half Life 2 is a pale game, a very pale game. Here is why:

No Story. Yes, I am making that claim. HL had no story, HL2 has no story. HL3 will have no story. HL2 is a game where a psychopath, Gordon Freeman, walks to a secret rebel base (with no "real" guides)... Goes into a psycho's town... Then (I believe) starts on a trek to the capital.

Seriously TELL me where the "story" is, most of the game you're just progressing forward because there is no other direction to go. I mean, WHY do you go to nova prospect? Because it was in your way. Why do you blow up those darned stalkers? Because THEY were in your way... And why, of all things, do you have idiot rebels following you praising your name? Because, somehow, everyone knows about what happened in a top secret govenment facility that was nuked by the G-Man.

My idea of gordon comes directly from the game... And that is a mindless drone who does what he is told. A MUTE drone, that is.

*Ignoring the obvious idiot who doesn't know how to use the melee button (all weapons in halo melee) and may have just wanted to melee other people durring the intro.

But there are physics in Halo and Halo 2, they're just not "HL2: Physics 1000% normal values" (seriously, everything moves just from you bumping it.) And, in Halo, the game is less concerened about showing off "we have a physics engine, lada dada ada" and more "shoot shoot shoot, reload, BLOOD!"

Now, HALF LIFE 2: 1. AWESOME AI. Dude, alyx cant see in a dark place UNLESS you turn your flashlight on! ITS AWESOME, right?!

player.Flashlight = on means she can see... RIGHT, thats REAL realistic. (not). It's a useless feature as Alyx should have her OWN damn flashlight (I don't recal this, HL2 or EP?), it only serves to drain your sprinting ability)

2. Fanastic storyline. In a lot of games, you have a HUD for no reason. In HL2, you get the hazard suit, THEN you have a HUD!

How to be stupid, complain about the existance of a HUD. Halo explain's it's hud.. I can't think of any others. Most know that people would rather HAVE a HUD than to try and explain why you know how much ammo a gun has (OH, HL2 can't explain THAT can it? Halo does ;p) than simply leave you without one. Let alone those that explain its existance do so reasonably (implants, eyecovers, helms) they just don't have a "walk around and do nothing" sequence.

3.Great weapons. The first weapon you get, is a crowbar. Unlimited ammo, kills in a few hits! then, the RPG! unlike the one in Halo 2, you can guide the rocket! let down: doesnt do an much BOOM or damage.

Have you even PLAYED HL2? You don't get the RPG until MUCH latter in the game. And it's not enough ammo to use it as an offensive weapon.

Let alone HL2 adds in locking so THERE. (AND HL2 is a downgrade from HL1 with the damn "you have to lead it, you can't fire and forget" mechanism [cool note, you can lead the rocket with the pistol in HL1:Opposing Force]

Crowbar = HL's excuse for piss poor weapons. The pistol packs 0 punch. You can't even PISTOL snipe with it (In most games, pistols are slow but decent hitters and you can win the game by taking headshots) If you auto fire it it "works" but once you get that msg you don't ever look back on it.

In Halo the pistol was a reliable weapon the whole campaign through, halo 2... Medocre.

But as far as weapons go... There is no comparison. Asside from the combine rifle, HL2 took all the fun weapons out of the game (You could KILL Grags with the gluon gun... KILL THEM, they're unkillable otherwise, and the tau cannon? You could do REAL physics tricks with that puppy). OF added a teleport gun, a BARNICLE weapon. HL2? Simple Grav Gun. (Also, it's pretty much the only weapon you'll be using... Ever... Again)

Seriously, besides the combine rifle, the grav gun is the only uinique gun HL2 offers.

Halo 2 suffers from the lack of truely unique weapons, but they are FUNCTIONAL weapons. You'd never drop back to pistol when you have an unlimited supply of energy balls, would you? Halo 2 offers weapons that are decent enough to be useful through out the entire campaign. AND don't "just plain ****" over one another. (You don't even the the wall mounted LAND MINES anymore, in HL2: Truth be told, I never used them anyways... But they were a cool feature)

:( 4.Physics. GREAT physics, a 2 ton truck falls realisticly, and a few barrels blowing up looks real! much better than Halo 2s physics.

If a 2 ton truck falls, it's not falling realistically. REALISTICALLY there is nothing YOU CAN DO to make that truck fall. HL2 is physics at 1000% normal levels... Thats why people praise it, because small explosions have big impacts (explosions, by the way, are at 5000% normal levels).Thats not to say that Halo 2 has "real" physics... Just that they're a little more subtle (and explosions are 2000% normal levels) Least as I recall.

Why people hate Halo.

A) They can't HANDLE the DecisionsMost games are "carry 500lb of guns and ammo" (although you can flip a 2ton tank :P) and then "phase out" older guns. Halo works on the premise that if all guns are good, multi-player will be better. And there is nothing worse than being in a multiplayer match without any decent weapons. So people insult it, say how there aren't any really UBER weapons to disballance the game-system... However Halo2 added a crapload over Halo1 and several Halo2 weapons easily break the system.

B) It's popularMost annoying, but people think that because something is hyped they need to generate ANTI-Hype.

C) They HATE FPS'HL2 is not primarly an FPS. Halo2 is. Seriously play the game and you'll see... HL2 is more, wander, run, hide... Then some action... Then more wander run and hide. I don't think there was a serious time when it was "fps like" until the citidel... But THEN they took away the guns (I played with them, and quickly found it impossible... There's no ammo :(. But demanding a game is better because of puzzles such as... Picking up 2 bricks (Or picking up one and "climbing") or even, using the grav gun to break upen upteen case hidden behind bars... Or how about the even SIMPLER than the HL1 maze of lasers (and the whole level doesn't blow up if you trip one). You just get shot a bit and you can kill the turret if you're good. THOSE puzzles? Yawn. HL1 was better. HL2's puzzles are practically ignorable (and when not, annoyingly simple)

D) They're an HL2 fanboi.I've noticed many HL2 fans seem to harp on Halo like it's a cancer. TELL ME you didn't LOVE that time when you were down at 10 health without a medpack for miles. I wished they left medpacks in Halo... But regenerative health is superior WHEN you are playing assault class games (and also, if you can't carry the health packs, eidios. Leave regen out of it.)

Note: MODS are NOT Half Life Canon, so you can't RATE the game based on it's mods. (you're really rating the mod)

I place Halo on the upper simply because it's an FPS. I played Half Life a few times through, but it's not really an FPS. There are a few dogfights here and there... But Halo offers constant fights, not just little tiny fights with a few enemies.

E) They're idiotsTrue of most people. But those who keep thinking HL2 is awsome are mostly idiots. They ***** and whine about EVERY OTHER ****N' GAME not having EVERY USLESS FEATURE of HL2. The poli's, the textures, the physics, the "flashlight", the (lack of) AI [and yes, I am saying HL2 has no AI. Halo 2 isn't much better but AI scripts are mostly "point gun at enemy and shoot" anyways]. Oh, and lets not forget HL2's LACK of a storyline. The halarious part is that because of that... Hl2 becomes "more immersive" because you have to make the story. (I made the story where gordon is just a terrorist... It works just as well.)

But seriously here. Halo 2 has REAL Vehicles. HL2 has track vehicles. Halo 2 has much, MUCH, larger and open areas making the "I'm walking in a straight line" feeling HL2 give me... Feel a bit less (and yes, I do admit... I'm still walking in an F'and straight line.)

But for the most part... I just hate HL's "Path of Destruction" aspect. Gordon walks through each level, destroying everything... And keeps walking till someone tells him to walk in a new direction. Even though all this destruction is by no means planned... He gets acredited for saving the human race.

-reply by Idiot

Half-Life 2Halo 2 Vs Half-life 2

So whoever that guest is, umm yeah. You obviously weren't paying attention to the story line AT ALL. You go to Nova Prospekt to rescue Alyx's dad, who is very important to the resistance because of all the stuff he knows. Ever hear of realism? You won't find 30 different weapons after an advanced alien race took over the entire earth, maybe burned all the weapons? Crowbar is the honorary tool of all half-life games, without it, half-life isnt half-life at all. As for the HUD, if you've played the first half-life game, its explained to you there. I haven't played halo2 because of all the posts saying half life is way better, and I'm not planning to. You throw stuff at people with your magical gun of gravity, disingrate people with flying balls, lead a bunch of overgrown bugs to eat your enemies' intestines, you see lots of things go boom, you solve physics puzzles, you take part in this almost movie-like story line, and you kick *bottom* with a crowbar, what more do you want from a game? Please make sure you've played games a few times and are COMPLETELY SURE what's going on before you post something stupid like the guest guy. Good day.

-reply by Person

Half life has no storyline? YES IT DOES

Half life 1:Your an MIT scientist named Gordon Freeman late for work heading to Black Mesa Facility.You end up doing and experiment to create a portal like other scientists have done but smaller but the experiment fails and aliens get into the facility.You attempt to fight your way out but to end it you have to defeat nihilanth (the final boss) to end it all.

NOW HOW IS THAT NOT A STORYLINE?

Half life 2: 20 years after the events of half life and alien race called the Combine have taken over earth after the black mesa incident.The gman (man in blue suit) explains to Gordon of what he has done and is impressed and stuff.You end up in a city with combine metrocops (every city basicly has them) and walk through it seeing the tyranny of the combine.After meeting old friends of the combine and alyx vance you join in the rebellion against the combine.The main place to attack is the citadel where dr.Breen from black mesa and now the administrator of earth (because of the combine) is located.After various scense and fighting you end up destroying the citadel and being confronted by the gman again

Ep 1 and 2 explains the aftermath of the events of half life 2

NOW HOW IS THAT NOT A STORYLINE

Halo is just about killing loads of aliens with no actual reason besides them attacking you.

and that repeats.

THATS SO NOT STORYLINE AND ITS JUST BORING.

Half life and Half life 2 DOMINATE Halo.

HALF LIFE 2Halo 2 Vs Half-life 2

Halo 2 is a terrible game visually and physically unrealistic. It was not fun at all and way too easy. Are you saying a game which has minimal graphicsand gameplay, can compare to a game which has amazing graphics to comprehend. By the way the reason Half Life 2 does not have a storyline and is "pale" as (as you call it) is because the original game was hacked and thus led, to further complication which ended up making Gabe Newells life a pain in the *bottom*!

-reply by Idiot2

Obliviously HALF LIFE 2.Half life 2 is far better than HALO 2 in many aspects.1) Graphics2) Story3) Reality4) dialogueI found Half life 2 a real dominating game.