xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cryptonx

You Thought 1 Gb Email ? Is Big Enough ? forget Gmail , Walla and Spymac

Ive seen the yousendit.com for the first time and think it sounds pretty cool!The most important thing of a mail service is a good adress (@something.com) and of course no ADS!!I tried a lot of email service till I came to gmail. Its just sad so many have ads and so....

gmail drive is awesome ... I wish there's a SIMILAR FTP program to access my Xisto hosting account the same way .. would save time ... ALOT OF IT actual i am going to go and check

how do you mean a similar ftp program for Xisto? You can access your account through ftp, but im sure you know that ;-)                                                         

I think the normal ftp account already saves a lot of time!                               

Actually I upload all of my files with ftp!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am using cutftp pro, but I think cPanel is also convenience to upload and manage

i think gmail is best service becoz its is fast as well as more relaible, but what u think that its wil launch its own messenger or we had to use gmail id's through http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/on msn, i think if gmail gives its messenger than atleast me and my friend will chooose gmail for email. You shud have seen the maktoob az well, its has its own messenger too Maktoob Link if u haven't seen this site yet, have a look at it, it is also in 1GB account race and have many options...hope u like it

Man email these days have to grow in order to keep up with the spam that is sent out.Ok lets face it who really needs that much space you either don't use it or you use gmail drive <which is pertty cool> I mean more space is just one more reason to keep that spam in your inboxor that funny picture. Don't get me wrong I have a gmail account my self anf it does sometimes come in handy from time to time especially the search.Try deleting every now and then.Thanks

Ack...Well for the begining of this post...Gawab only offers those 2084mb emails to egypt n those surrounding areas....N the 1001mb account is nice but it doesn't offer smtp....Which is what I really needThe bluebottle one seems like the best mentuioned so far considering it has smtp n pop3 but I can't seem to login to the account I made at the moment so that has me questioning things to :)I say just stick with a 1gb account...If you want more then that then ur power hungry...But a really good way to transfer large files is to put it in torrent form and then you can just leave ur comp on n access n download it from another comp ;)Stick to google guys...IT's fast, simple, good for organisation, barely noticeable adds :), and you can always convert it into a online drive :(But you know it would be nice if somebody could post email services that have smtp support and about 250mb's of storage or more :(thnx

1Gb is overkill, the adverage person probably dosen't save every message and even if they did most non-spam messages are small little 2KB each messages. 1GB or more is just a marketing ploy, people thinks thats so great but nobody keeps near that amout saved, most read and delete. and by using that lrge amout they attract more customers, so naturally people want to advertise their and they get big money and most accounts they host get no where near that amount of mail, the only way i cou;d see one mail box getting all that mail is if you do what they did on what is now G4techTv's The Screen Savers, they got a gmail invite and created the account fillmyinbox@gmail.com, they then advertised on natinal tv for people to email them and fill it up, actaully you might get more faster if they didn't know you wanted it cause that would attrct spammers, then just turn off spam filtering and that would be the only other way to fill it, anyway 1GB is more than enough, though gmail is cool, i like it, I have an account, not because of the size really but the features and its a little more exclusive at this poin since you need an invite.

no problem, just access through a proxy in arab land,

CONFIRMED : connect through this proxy (or any other that is located in egypt) : 62.139.195.18:80

and youll see the 2 GB ad popping right under your nose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey.. :) how do you go about connecting through proxy...??

That seems like something fun to do, infact if you could automatically redirect people visiting you at your website through a frame AND through a proxy.. you'd have a great service to provide.. (Websites that use google sponsored ads, note your IP and accordingly flash ads on the pages you visit. This happens on the fly and at times can be very intrusive)

R.A.