xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vivi

Art Class

Argh, I hate my art class so much. I'm a bad artist in the first place, and my lazy teacher refuses to teach us, and instead overloads us with assignments. In the past week, I've been working on art more than any other assignment in school, which is just stupid. There are so many more important stuff for me to be spending my time on.Who WAS it that thought art should be a required subject in school? I'm 100% sure I'm never going to be an artist; even if I decided I wanted to, I'd never have the skill. There's absolutely no point in me learning more about art.I absolutely despise cheating, but tonight I had to trace so I could pass this quarter. I failed my midquarter sketchbook, so I have to do good on this one to pass. This is the only class that I don't have an 'A' in, and it's just going to lower my GDP. Ugh...</rant>

You mean GPA, I'm sure. You don't have a Gross Domestic Product :DI hate art classes. I want creativity to reign free. The only way to do that is to nurture it on your own, carefree, no rules. I took one watercolor class in 4th grade and that was it. To this day, I can draw pretty well, if I might say so and it took no art classes.But I still get critiqued by them ><

Ah yeah well, my art classes are better than yours >_>I love art and drawing and stuff. My teacher doesn't really "teach us" cause i mean, how do you teach art? There's only so much you can teach. Anyways, she basically assigns something for us to do like, draw this thing, and then we expand on that. We have free reign to be impressionistic, or abstract, etc. So it's all cool. We don't get homework though. But I think you do if we go to AP studio art. oh well. I like it. You're just lame. >_> jk. I do think it's not fair though. Taking electives is just a way to open up more doors, to see what you like and what you don't like. It shouldn't be required =/

Maybe it's just me then. I like to draw the way I want to and every time I've entered an art contest, I get beaten by someone who is in art yet does sloppier work than me. It's just a deep grudge and resentment.

lol. I hate art classes because of that. I always tend to compare my work with others and if I see someone's is slightly better than mine, I'll get frusterated and just sorta give up. Sorta impails my creativity and ability to expand on the illusionment. It's sad.

I've never been able to draw. We had to draw scenes from Animal Farm for English class once, and the teacher put my picture on the bulletin board all year because it was so sad, every animal looked the same. "it's about a farm, Brandi, not a pack of wolves" :D So, I took ceramics as my art class in high school. I was so bad at it, one time my vase exploded in the kiln and broke everyone elses projects. But I did get something out of it, as you will take something out of art, even if you don't see it now- I can impress my nieces when we're playing play-doh.

Unlike you said I've enjoyed art class. I didn't care where I stand for this class. Because I knew that it wouldn't become my main later on.. I just did my best to clear the subject. Unlike chemistry art class is much more enjoyable to me.

I enjoyed my art class last semester. I do have a natural talent to draw, so I enjoyed it to a certain extent. Our teacher taught us some new concepts and reviewed some old ones, but you can't really teach art. In my case, I had the talent, but no motivation. Of course, I'm not an amazing drawer or painter, so there was still challenge in the course. Then again, I was taking an art class that was a grade less than my actual grade, so there you go.

dont worry, it will pass... when i was in college i used to hate some classes too! those long assignments that i have no idea how to do... those projects that gives us headaches, and out of this world quizzes!!! i really hate them. but right now, when i look back to them, i just laugh! i also miss those times too... cause somehow i may admit it or not, ive learned something, and the experience was there too!!! i like art by the way!!! =) enjoy!!!