xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TailGrab

Unsigned Band? Are you a struggling musician?

Well i can tell you that im from a small town in the middle of nowhere in toppenish WA and getting gigs as a musician is kinda difficult... for instince the last thing i did was rap at a little kids club over here in the middle of nowhere and that was it.. the dj was liking my tracks but there is hardly any oppourunity... if you know anything that can help give me a gig then just reply it here...

I still jam every now and again, but it seems to be all work and no play now.We weren't really that fired up about getting signed or anything, we just enjoyed playing. We did quite a few gigs, made some memories, back to living our normal lives. Turned downed a label, were finalists in Battle of the Bands and also turned down recording in a studio, no regrets, was a great time but we never considered it a job.Getting gigs weren't hard, we had a manager who could talk, problem was, once he starts he never shuts up. Competitions were probably the highlights, just being selected. If local competitions are happening in your area, and this is the scene you're going for, then enter them and do your best. You'll get some recognition.MC