xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CoolBradG

Gbrowser And Gmessenger? Rumors of a Browser and IM...

Yay, Google!

I think it's true, since Google's developing so many tools right now. I heard that Google's doing something like Skype (Internet telephone service) too.

Google might take over the Internet in the future!!!

BTW, someone already made something called gBrowser...

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

OH god.....You guys don't even see the big picture here....If google were to make a browser messaging system etc...They would be popular atfirst...But then people would start messing with google like they do to microsoft...And dare I say it google would become the next microsoft ;)LOL...Nah I'm just saying things cuz I want there to be some cool hacker war on the net and make it so the net is like a role playing game...

i think google is great. their search engine finds the rights things for me to find! i have just got GMail!! (google-mail) chattin on it recently and the emails were instant sending and instant recieving in its seconds. it is really fast. compared to msn or hotmail which i used before taken about half an hours to recieve! wonder how google messenger is going to work out! its like a google internet empire forming right now. new things are popping up on their websites aswell!

There have been rumours of a google browser for ages. I recently read that they hired the lead programmer on firefox. As you may know firefox has recently been taking up a large portion of internet explorers market share recently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I can imagine that an closer cooperation between mozilla and google is more possible than that google would spend time on making their own browser. I've been used firefox for almost a year now, and I can just say that IE is stone dead forever as NS has been for a while. And also thunderbird takes OE to the grave. I'm really excited to see what happen here in the future.

Cheers!

Jens

google just keeps on growing and growing. the gbroswer rumour is true. its going to be based on the mozilla suite. so it'll be open source. also, google is now an icann approved domain registrar. so they can register the 7 tlds. im sure you'll find more info if you google LOL

google just keeps on growing and growing. the gbroswer rumour is true. its going to be based on the mozilla suite. so it'll be open source.

also, google is now an icann approved domain registrar. so they can register the 7 tlds.

im sure you'll find more info if you google LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While its a very inviting idea, do you think you need one MORE messenger and Browser ?? Don't you think we've enough good ones around ? I for one don't see the point in adding one more messenger and another new set of login/pass (i've a very bad memory and have to write it down somewhere for sure) to go along with !! Besides firefox just makes me plain and simple happy and it'll be quite hard to convince me to switch other ;)

What do you guys say ?