xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hashbang

Condolences To All Affected By Tsunami

Hello fellow Astahosters,I wish to personally convey my concern and sympathy for the victims in India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and others in SE Asia affected by this weeks tsunami. Also, condolences and sympathy to our community members who have have been affected or have family in the zone of destruction. I would like to encourage all to contribute to relief organizations that can effectively distribute resources to afflicted families within the shortest timeframe possible.sincerely,hashbang

In doing some research for a collection for my agency I came across the following
for Australians ... please make the attempt to contribute:

Care Australia or 1800 020 046

Caritas or 1800 024 413

Christian World Service or 1800 625 611

Oxfam Community Aid Abroad or 1800 034 034

Plan Australia or 1800 038 100

Red Cross or 1800 811 700 or at any Commonwealth Bank branch

TEAR Australia or 1800 244 986

UNICEF Australia or 1300 884 233

World Vision or 13 32 40 or at any National Australia Bank branch

Most of the people in Sri Lanka, Burma, and Thailand, as well as some of the other countries are Buddist, so are there any Buddist based relief funds?  It feels more appropriate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Following is from Buddist Peace Fellowship:

Urgent: Help victims of the earthquake/tsunami throughout Asia

The Buddhist Peace Fellowship sends our heartfelt prayers and support to all who have been affected by the December 26th earthquake and subsequent tsunamis affecting parts of Asia and Africa. We encourage our chapters and members across the world to collect donations and medical supplies and send them directly to agencies in these African and Asian countries.

Donate to Groups Responding to the Tsunami Disaster

Below is a list of just a few of the many groups providing critically needed humanitarian aid to tsunami victims. Please consider making a generous donation to one or more of these groups.

American Friends Service Committee (AFSC Crisis Fund)

1-888-588-2372

Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres

1-888-392-0392

OXFAM

Go to: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to find your country or the Oxfam home page.

In the USA go to: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

U.S. Red Cross

1-800-435-7669

International Red Cross/Red Crescent

Mercy Corps

1-800-292-3355

Please note that some of these sites are experiencing heavy traffic, so try back if you are having trouble getting through.

The Buddhist Peace Fellowship has also received and seen the following requests from friends in some of the areas affected:

thanks man, I will go do that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent.

I've just organised our governmental offices (approx. 3000 staff) to make collective donations to Oxfam here in Australia. I chose them because they were non-demoninational and they sent out a cargo plane yesterday with water and generating equipment to Sri Lanka. I appreciate their quick responsiveness.

cheers

hashbang