xisto Community
soleimanian

Why We Need Friends

Well, in my opnion, online friends tend to have a lot weaker bond with you than friends in reality. When you're online, people really don't care about you, because you really can't do anything to them in terms of retaliation. I know jerks over the internet that are really nice people in real life. If someone's really nice to you over the internet, it's probably because they either know you in real life or are the opposite gender of you. >_>

nicely put man

"Friends are God's way of apologizing to us for our families."

Why do we need friends? Well its kinda hard to explain, but what I think is this...

Friends are there to help us through life in a matter of speaking we need someone to talk to , to help us, to pick us up when we fall. I mean if no one had friends we would be more prone to fight because we wouldn't care about the other person and who would you talk to about **** that happened to you? Think about talking to your mom about some girl you like... creepy :)

Hey All,

Interesting thread ... but I was wondering, can you have 'virtual' friends or 'online' friends? Are they the same as real world friends? Should there be a different term rather than friends for close 'virtual' associates?

cheers

hashbang

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my... complete personal opinion and experience, I find that my online-friends are just as important or better than my friends in real life. Of course all the people I know in real life seem to be jerks, drug-users (Which I am not), or just plain annoying.

Regardless, my opinion stands that my online friends are just as important to better than all my friends in real life.

First of all, "Why we Need friends" isn't a good title. Because in reality, we don't need friends. Or maybe you don't deserve friendsThis actually depends on the person.If you are some low life who want others to carry the torch for you, then yes you WANT friends.If you are lonely and/or lost your family then yes you WANT friendsIf you are a greedy, selfish, ignorant cretin who thinks everythigng goes his or her way, then you don't need friendsIf you can handle things yourself, you don't need friends

First of all, "Why we Need friends" isn't a good title. Because in reality, we don't need friends. Or maybe you don't deserve friends

This actually depends on the person.

If you are some low life who want others to carry the torch for you, then yes you WANT friends.

If you are lonely and/or lost your family then yes you WANT friends

If you are a greedy, selfish, ignorant  cretin  who thinks everythigng goes his or her way, then you don't need friends

If you can handle things yourself, you don't need friends

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Cough* For the second time

I completely agree with you *Nods*

at least with each point you made.

I could do fine without any friends... But not *entirely* because of the greedy, selfish, ignorant, cretin reason you listed there.

how about you being as human as everyone else???then.. will u need friends??IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GOD, then yeah, WHY WOULD U NEED A FRIEND?but in the real world... friends are like bread.... you wouldn't like it ALL the time, but then, at some point... when was the last time i eat bread????lonelyness is a good motor, but alone and lonely are quite different... the two last posters haven't been alone, but lonely (i may wrongly think)And really.. if someone can do EVERYTHING on it's own... will he use a pc again?, did he DO that??? have he created anything of his daily use???? i doubt it... so no one solve anything on it's own... random is not "nothing"

I think that people are generally more sane and socially acceptable when they have friends. If you are without friends you are not really part of society. I dont think humans need friends though. Ultimately all friendships end. The desire to have friends is just an instinct designed to bond us socially with others in the interest of furthering our species. Although most of us would like to have lots of friends, theres really no point to it at all.

Friends are just tools for exchanging data, and giving trust.It's irrational to assume that such a thing that bases on things that can be replaced by other things, can't be replaced by other things.Most psychologists emphasize the pluses of socializing so much, that they forget about the positives of solitude.Social life- if you don't have an excellent intellectual discussion that's just a waste of time and money. I think friends are just a desire of children, because they don't know what to want.The desire of having friends is simply embedded in our minds by the society and culture, which wants us to socialize.I think people that have no "friends' make a failure when classifying themselves as "losers", because why would you classify someone a loser when he does not have a form of entertainment that's common.I think bad examples, bad influences are far worse than years of solitude.The only ones that can hurt you emotionally are people, that's basically the only thing in this world. (Of course there are exceptions, but that's just like with every rule).

The importance of the friendship, "You know that when one is friend of itself, it is it also of all the world", said Séneca, guessing right completely in the morning call, because on the relations that one has with same himself those depend that we have with the world. " It tell me with whom you walk and I will say who eres", says another one will popular phrase, by which, the friends would not be but reflected of us or some of the most important aspects of our personality. The friendship is born of mysterious affinities by which two or more people recognize themselves in something common. The friends choose themselves, whereas the familiar relations come imposed. The friendship is the first affective bow that is made to leave the family circle and works like mediator to conquer the external world. It also acts to repair and to correct some deficiencies that we have suffered in the childhood.If we have taken badly with our brothers, we can now look for in the friends relations in which it prioritizes the collaboration. But if the repression has not allowed us to reflect on the passed experiences, we will repeat that bond with friends whom they will damage to us: what friendships would be called ' Dangerous'. The frinds are almost all in the life, the true friends, we can smile, we can dream, and we can think that all the wolrd is ok, just by one smile of ower friend! :DKeep your friends close to you, you maybe lost one of them! :D Be happy and make happy your friends

What are friends, this is my theory. There IS NO definite definition of friends. A friend is to share, a friend is to make you fell better when you're down. A friend is to support you, a friend is to advise you. A friend is important as we're social animals. Our society is fixed so we would have friend to help one another and to find entertainment and having a good time. A friend is someone that you share interest with. A friend doesn't have to look good in order to BE your friend. Once a friend has your utmost attention and that you both like each other, you become true friends that never split. Yet, you DO NOT always follow your true friend because it will annoy them. True friends may also go further to husband, wife or etc. Friendship is the foundation of human. Without friends and with isolation, one will go insane and may have the will to kill, do street drugs, crack into computers and other illegal activies.SO, IN CONCLUSION, YOU DO NEED FRIENDS, IT'S THE BASICS OF LIFE.xboxrulz