xisto Community
everydaysushi

Web Design: Complex Or Simple? Which is better?

Keeping in mind the various levels of internet speed and computer strength out there, what kind of web design do you prefer today?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*bottom* all thing in life,site is good if he is simple,fast,good to eyes,and with good idea...My site is made for the gamers,so I trie to keep him realy simple becose if you confuse your users you will make them go...

I dont think this should be a GENERAL case , this whole thing depends on the KIND of website ur making for example if NEWS is and reading them is what ur site is made for , then less graphics and more SPEED is needed , and so on ....

I don't use flash or java in any of my sites because first of all, I only run small sites and none of them need unnecessary flash videos and sorts to cram it all up. I realize that the Japanese make really good flash sites (especially for bands and artists) that are not implying the dizzy effect on the viewer nor is it so boring that the viewer is spending all his/her time, searching for the >>skip button. I tend to stick with layouts that include images that are high quality, modified with photoshop or PSP (brushes!) and obviously showing experience in html and coding.All and in all, I don't want the layout to be too hard on my eyes. Oh yeah, and the navigation has to be clear. I don't want to waste my whole day, clicking the whole page just to look for for the 'Home' button. >.>

I tend to stick with layouts that include images that are high quality, modified with photoshop or PSP (brushes!) and obviously showing experience in html and coding.

All and in all, I don't want the layout to be too hard on my eyes.  Oh yeah, and the navigation has to be clear.  I don't want to waste my whole day, clicking the whole page just to look for for the 'Home' button.  >.>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's so true about navigation--I absolutely hate it when the page loads and then you get deep into the page and want to get to the front again, but some pages don't have links back to it!! There should be a law or something!!

Also, I commend your loyalty to still images but doesn't that make your site seem static? I guess the whole point to Flash and Java was to make the pages more alive... vibrant. Remember in the beginning how the scrolling text was the most awesome thing around?? Then came rollover buttons and the rest was history. Anyway, I still am a Flash fan, no matter what... but I'd like to see more a balance and moderation. Especially considering there're still people with dial-up and/or slow computers... The Web Design Group should make a scholarship simply to update people's computers... ;oP

Also, what's mysql and is it hard to learn? I'm interested now that it was mentioned in the same sentence as Flash. :o)

I'd go with both if it wasn't too much of trouble for you. But, if you have to pick one or the other, I'd go with simple. Many of the great sites on the web have either started out simple or have always been simple. Simple means more user friendly which means more people using your site on a daily basis.