xisto Community
rapco

Best Open Source Cms... tell your story...

ok.. i'm creating this topic to give a ahn to new comers...

I began with phpnuke (grat cms...) but.... too many sites with it... i mean, my page seemed like a copy... that's not good!!!!!!!!!!

so, i migrated everything to xoops (a pretty extensive labor if you have 2 or 3 mb of MySQL data....)

so, now, i really like xoops.. although i don't know many cms.. deepply...

i would recommend http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Ok.. postnuke, that's almost the same thing as phpnuke, ain't it???So, i judge a cms by it's modules or block... what's the availabilty of tehse on the web???ps: new posters please talk about this also

what i had understood was that phpnuke was going to be "payable"... i mean, from 7.4 on they were going to charge for getting the cms.. am i right????so, is this phpnuke platinum 7.6 free????????????i really liked it, it has the split center blocks.. like xoops!!!!

Further to my post before Postnuke I think has a huge community of developers and designers making a large array of modules. There is an entire section of the site devoted to the over 50 modules available. As well there are a large number of themes. Support is awesome as well. The forums are very active and helpful. Any problems are fixed and available in the next release or as patches from the forums.

actually 50 moduls is not THAT much....

Xoops have over a 150 and is still a little number....

In cms pages, modules are almost everything, the theme, well that's something you can work on, you don't need to be an advance coder for it, but modules... wel.. that's anther story......

A great thing from xoops is that the update is a download that contains ONLY the files you need to update it, you don't have to download the WHOLE package again... saving downloading time, and HD space... and server andwith.. jeje

And Xoops has launched a new version!!!!!!

With XOOPS 2.1, we are approaching a completely new way of development with plenty of pre-releases
XOOPS 2.1.x is Alpha and beta software, not intended to be used on live websites and in production environments. These releases are for development and testing only. Use with caution and at your own risk!
XOOPS 2.1 is not guaranteed to work with all modules and there may be bugs and inconveniences as what we are working on is among other things tweaking interfaces and adding new functionality.

Give it a try!!!!!