xisto Community
taoist

Recommend Your Favourite Movie

Comedy:Ace VenturaAce Ventura 2Bruce almightyNaploeon Dynamite (low budget movie)Liar LiarAmerican wedding (it's really EWW though)MAde in AmericaKung PowALong Came PollyEight Crazy NightsNational Lampoons VacationDum and DUmber/erScary Movie 2 Action:DaylightAVPSPider manSpider Man 2Xmen2Matrix TriologyLethal Weapon 4Terminator 2: Judgement DayEvolutionIndiana JOnes TrilogyKids:Kiki's Delivery ServiceFinding NemoShrekINCREDIBLESDrama/Lovey Dovey/Other:ChocolatCollateralHoney8 MilePOTCKaiju Big Battel: Terebi SentoScary:Eight Legged FreaksGothikaFreddy versus JasonJeepers Creepers /2HoloweenB Movie:The X from outter spaceReptilicusGODZILLA!Those are some that I think were worth seeing

My favourite movie is Hero with Jet Li and Zhang Zi Yi. It's a very powerful movie about a man who is out to kill and emperor, and has dedicated his entire life to prepare for that one single moment, ever since he was orphaned, but in the end realises that for the good of the country is different than for his personal pride. A very moving and brilliant film.

I had lunch with my lovely wife just after posting my movie list. She reminded me of about 18 other movies I love. I'll post the majority of the list later or tomorrow, but I wanted to post the documentaries before I forget any. I mentioned Tribute in my last post. Here are some of my other favorites.

Crumb - The life and family of cartoon artist Robert Crumb. Sure he's weird, but wait until you meet his brothers!

American Movie: The Making of Northwestern - Mark Borchardt is an aspiring horror film director and he's going to make his own movie no matter what. The real star is his friend Mike. By the end of the movie you'll see why.

Stevie - You couldn't make this up. Stevie's story will break your heart in so many ways.

Trekkies - Timeless. Sweet. Funny as hell.

The Corporation - What happens is you psychoanalyze the actions of a corporation and treat it like a person? The answer may surprise you.

Roger & Me - Michael Moore's best film.

Journeys With George - Following Dubya on the campaign trail in 2000. More interesting than Gerorge himself is the reporters-eye-view of campaign events and tactics. Two highlights: The suffering of John McCain and a scene of real grassroots supporters of Bush having their hand-made signs taken away to be replaced with campaign-produced, fake hand-made signs.

To finish off my movie lists, I'll do one more.

Supercop - The best of Jackie Chan. What more can I say?

Death To Smoochy - Edward Norton is perfectly endearing. Even children's programming can be a cesspool of corruption.

Resevoir Dogs - I almost can't mention this without a nod to True Romance and Pulp Fiction, but this was the one reinvigorated filmmaking in the nineties.

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? - The whole package of film! Perfect soundtrack, top-notch acting, caasting, writing, cinematography. Okay, so the story is actually Homer's Odyssy, but the acting of John Turturro and Tim Blake Nelson make you believe it was not only possible, but true!

All The President's Men - Returning to theaters in a special run coming in 2005.

Steal This Movie! - The true story of Abbie and Anita Hoffman, professional thorns in the side of authority. Props to director Robert Greenwald who also made the recent documentary, Outfoxed.

Canadian Bacon - Michael Moore's only fiction film. The great John Candy's last.

Bob Roberts - Sharp, clever and loaded with cameo roles from A-list actors. Tim Robbins wrote, directed, starred and penned the songs of politican/futures trader/right-wing folk singer Bob Roberts. Kelly Willis dueting with Robbins on "Drugs Stink" is as disturbing as it is realistic.

Anything by Kevin Smith - except Jersey Girl because I would never recommend a movie I haven't seen.

My guilty pleasures: Joe Dirt, Bubble Boy, Half Baked ;)

What are your favorite movies? ;)

Troma:Toxic Avenger 1,2&3, I've heard rumers of a 4th film, any truth there?Surf Nazis Must Die - just awsomeCanibal: The Musical

As you may tell by my username, I am a huge fan of James Bond movies. I would recommend:

1. A View to a Kill (1985)- Roger Moore's seventh and final outing as Bond. James Bond must stop an insane computer microchip manufacturer from causing the San Anderas fault to seperate and cause the destruction of Silicon Valley.

Cast-

Roger Moore - James Bond

Tanya Roberts - Stacey Sutton

Chirstopher Walken - Max Zorin

Grace Jones - Mayday

2. Goldeneye (1995) - The movie that introduced Pierce Brosnan as James Bond. 007 sets out to find the mysterious leader of an underworld criminal organization, Janus. What Bond finds is that his best friend who was supposedly killed years earlier has returned to set off a Russian weapon over the UK.

Cast -

Pierce Brosnan - James Bond

Isbella Scorpio - Natalya Simoniva

Sean Bean - Alec Trevalyan, 006

Famke Jansen - Xeniz Onnatop

I would also highly recommend all of the Rocky movies to anyone who likes any movie about the American dream.

Other classics are:

The Great Escape

The Longest Day

Paycheck

The Bourne Series

Mission Impossible 1

Remember the Titans

etc.

my fevorite movie is "The 6th day" and "Troy".....hopefully you will like them both, the first one is fiction movie and second one is history story...both are great and goood in cast

Emo:#1 - Big Fish (I admit induced a tear)<-Fullmetal Alchemist*#2 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind#3 - Forest Gump#4 - Inuyasha Movie 4#5 - Garden StateThriller (edge-of-seat):#1 - Phonebooth#2 - Matrix (Has more emo and philosophical quality than edge-of-seat expirience)#3 - ConstantineComedy:#1 - Ferris Bueller#2 - Office Space#3 - Galaxy Quest *FMA would be placed here if the 51 esipodes could be counted as a movie, 'cause that's how I watched them in a day. They were that good to me.

my favorite movie and all around (in my opinion)funniest movie ever is dumb and dumber im mean wow the farley bros. did a great job with that one i think its great because it real homor the kind u can actualy see some crazy kid doing and thats y its my fav

How about David Lynch, has anyone seen any of his films? Eraserhead is the best, but Blue Velvet is really good too. I would have to say that he is the most creative of all the Hollywood directors.And speaking of creative, no one mentioned Federico Fellini. 8 1/2 is a cinematic masterpiece and so is La Dolce Vita.Ah, what the heck, here are some of my favorite directors and movies:Orson Welles (Citizen Kane)Dario Argento (Suspiria)Akira Kurosawa (The Seven Samurai)Terry Gilliam (Brazil)Roman Polanski (Rosemary's Baby)Luis Bunuel (Un Chien Andalou)And I have a soft spot for Lost in Translation...

this is so cliché, but the godfather trilogy i THINK would have to be my number 1 pick... 2, 1, and 3 in that order.. i'm a big fan of the classics also, by the light of the silvery moon, on moonlight bay, meet me in st. louis, gone with the wind, etc. i'm a fan of british films also.. or um. films with brits in them? lol.. love actually, bridget jones's diary, etc.

damn this is hard. I could go on and on on this one. But off the top of my head, Braveheart. Great movie, probably the best war movies i've seen. Dumb and dumber, but who hasn't seen this one??? Forget about these other stupid movies like dude wheres my car. Dumb and dumber is still the best dumb funny movie ever. Edward Scissor Hands. Very unique! Tim burton is a genuis. But yeah, there's just too many.

Would have to say in my top five would be1. Vanilla Sky2. Back to the Future3. Butterfly Effect4. Big Fish5. Green MileLoved vanilla sky, really kept you thinking.Back to the future is just an all time favouritebutterfly effect is an amazing film Big fish is a really nice film great storyGreen mile well who can really say when they've watched it they havent shed a tear or got a lump in their throat!