xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie101

Aspell And Pspell Could these be added?

Hey, Just started using my account for my main forums its taken a while to get them how i want them but now ive got everything working i will post a lot more here and the RV skin is way ebtter than the default after using it for a while. :) I have been happy and will be without this but the forum system im using SMF (simplemachines.org) has a spell checker that can be used if Aspell/Pspell are installed, and i was wondering if this coukld be added, its pretty useful and free, so this is my request. I was also told i could do it as a CGI application but dont have a clue even whats the latest version or that so i ask the guru's that run the host to consider this, please?Merry Xmas :)

ah yes, Aspell... Opera (the web browser) uses it for spell checking as well. The website for Aspell is http://aspell.net/ . I think that they've only got the source code to download, so you'll have to get someone to compile it for you. If it can be used as a CGI program (i've only ever used the windows dll of Aspell), then i suppose you could try putting it in the /public_html/cgi_bin/ folder of your web hosting and see if it works... maybe...?

Please give Exact details regarding the MOD that you want to be installed. Is it an APACHE MOD. Or is it a feature that needs to be compiled with PHP.