xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
creedgaming

Mmorpg Experience Cost too much

I hadRunescape -5$ a monthSWG - 15-16$ a monthUltima online - 9.99$ time your done paying for all the other things , patches , etcyou can buy a new car you get addicted its crazy i recommend never play MMORPGS my personal opinion..............

Try playing TIBIA. It's free (and free accounts have plenty hunting possibilties to grow stronger and better). Furthermore, IF you'd like a premium account, costs are only these:

EUR 19.95: Tibia Premium Account for 3 months (90 days)

EUR 34.95: Tibia Premium Account for 6 months (180 days)

EUR 59.95: Tibia Premium Account for 12 months (360 days)

Benefits you get are more huntingspots, premium monsters, less crowded places, promotion for your char, etc. I play Tibia (duh :)) and i LIKE it. :) If ur interested:

Tibia homepage

Many MMORPGs these days flat-out suck and aren't worth the monthly fee. However, if you have a source of steady income MMORPGs' monthly fees don't seem that bad. However, since most of them aren't very good, it's like throwing money out the window. Sites like Multiplayer Online Games Directory should help you determine what's not worth your time. Also, stay tuned to Guild Wars. Even if you don't plan on buying it, if its business model works (no monthly fee, but expansions occasionally released), ArenaNet could change the way MMORPGs are played.

Yes! Everyone should take Guild wars as a very good example of a MMO breakthrough, soon many others will be like it and it shall be the godfather of fee free online gaming! I fully support Guild wars in their challenge to break tradition!

I think the devertion is worth the money. I have played UO since 97 and SWG since 03 and still play both. I think the 30 a month is well spent. Don't know what I would do without them.

Well... Its only well spent of you have the time to play almost every single day... I only play on the weekends due to much work... I usually find games which needs a monthly subscription deserted... Very little people there... Quite boring without a bustling environment to play in!

In Japan we are starting to see a huge trend of many MMORPG's launching with "free" entry price system.There are even some MMO game titles migrating to "free-entry" price system after having run as a flat-rate monthly subscription type for over months, or even years.Most of those free-entry MMOs are offering sales (in exchange of real money) of in-game materials item by item.I understand this trend to be one of the responses from the gaming industry to such feelings, needs and evaluations from earlier posters in this thread.With the "free-entry" and price-per-item system, you'd stay online as often and/or long as you wish, and pay only for what you want as you play.Whether this will cost one less --- or more --- is probably yet to be observed.

I have been playing the following three games in the past:-Diablo II-Ragnarok-A3The last one, A3, I am still playing.It does not cost me a penny except for the online time. I have enjoyed all of them.

Some MMORPGs are half-p2p which i think is way much better than those which are fully free. First of all, most free games don't come in such good "packages". Of course you would get the free BETA version of the game but after the final release you might have to pay to play. An example of this would be MapleStory. They let people play for free and your freedom around the world is not restricted in anyway as long as you have the in-game money. The only thing you need real money for is when you're buying what most people call "avatars" that generally make you look cooler. Some might help your stats a little but is totally not worth the money because all of'em only last for 90 days. Still, many people choose to pay for this because it is just fun to look cool. The way i see it, its an extremely good idea that many other MMORPGs are using too.

Try playing TIBIA. It's free (and free accounts have plenty hunting possibilties to grow stronger and better). Furthermore, IF you'd like a premium account, costs are only these:

"skip skip skip...."

Benefits you get are more huntingspots, premium monsters, less crowded places, promotion for your char, etc. I play Tibia (duh happy.gif) and i LIKE it. smile.gif If ur interested:

I too think Tibia is really a great game. The game though, is very time-consuming and mastering your character at the beginning is very tedious and boring. No true storyline and only a few quests of the newbie island. The game only gets good when you're of a high level player. I think the game is also really slow and "laggy". There is no real protection for the young players in the game when you get to the mainland so that the high-level players can kill you anytime they want. Other than that, I think Tibia is still a whole new gaming experience but not worth to pay for premium.

The only one that I really played online was Neverwinters nights and it was pretty good for a while but it does get expensive. I think that unless you are really devoted to the game, and play it quite often then it costs to much money.I am looking into guildwars and hope that it is great, I have tried WOW for a while and wanted to try Everquest but never got to it.