xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brouzine

[connection Sharing] The Strangest Thing I've Foun

Hi,I'll put it simple but if you need more info on this, please ask.I have this problem with the intranet of one of my cousin's clients. Suddenly, out of the blue (AFAIK), the PCs connected through the ICS host cannot access most of the websites, but some of them can. For instance, they can access Google, but no Yahoo. The host computer can access all sites.Mail works OK, and I could ping and trace any site, even the ones which doesn't work in the browsers. And by the way, the browsers do resolve the IP correctly, no error message is displayed on any computer, not the client, nor the host. I've seen the DNS and Web packets coming out to the internet, and no firewall is running as far as I can tell.Please, where do I go now?Thanks in advance.

I Had This Same Problem With My Network.. A XP Machine, And 2 Win @K Machines.Setup a DHCP Server, And Let it Configure The IPs. ( You Can Find Them On Google)Make Sure Your Network Setting Are Correct. If IE Opens And It Shows The " Page Cannot Be displayed" Click The Link that says " Detect My Network Settings ". And That Will Configure The Computer To Work With Your Network.I Too Had a Slow Down Of My connection (56K). This Problem I Have Not figured Out Yet. When I Do I will Post Again ^_^

Your explanation of the problem is not clear enough. You have explained what does not happen but not what happen. You have not explained what type of protocol (txp/ip, netbui) in use. Have any changes or upgrades (service packs) have been added to any of the machines. What type of OS is installed. What about security settings on the browsers?You have a lot more to explain for us to be able to help you.