xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kokushta

Do You Know To Get Rid Of Rx Med Network Hijacking Browser hijacking

I got my browser ( I use FF) hijacked.Whatever address i typed to visit, my browser was redirected to a medical related webpage known as Rx Med Network.Even if I was able sometimes to open a page like Yahoo or Google, when I clicked any of the result matching links, I get this message:this URL does not reside in this server (smth like that)I tried to uninstall FF, but smth did go wrong..Then I reinstalled FF over the 1st one, and now I'm surfing free as before.Just in case incase it happens again, DOES anyone know a cure to this?Did anyone of you use XoftSpy? It came up seraching abou this Rx Med Network hijack thing.

I assume you are using a Microsoft Operating System then ?i recomend the following...1) use firefox2) use Adaware Adware remover (free for 6 months)3) use AVG anti-virus (free for home use)4) Only Use Open Source P2P file shareing programs is any.5) dont install shareware, or freeeware.

Hey Mate,
I am not a windows expert but I seem to remember that somone can change your registry setting to ensure your browser always points to a specific url ... no matter what. You can probably find the answer somewhere in Carolyn Meinel's site HappyHacker. She has written and published extensively on how to do minor/harmless hacking.

I know Carolyn was in the midst of publishing an upate of the Happy Hacker books so I would assume the site info is up-to-date.

cheers
hashbang

ps ... consider linux as your OS.