xisto Community
whafizi

Search Engine Submission how to submit my site to search engine

hi,i don't know if my question ia appropiate here.1. How can we submit our website to famouse search engines? yahoo, google, altavista, etc.2. How to get higher ranking in those SE?thanks 4 ur time

1. I think most search engines have a link on them to submit your site.
2. Depending on which search engine you want to improve your ranking on some of the factors are:
- how many links from other sites there are to yours
- the keywords and description in your meta tags

For a tutorial on promoting your site go here. It's the best tutorial for promoting your site I have seen so far.

Heya mate,If you host here at Xisto, there's an addon script that does something with search engine submissions. I haven't tried it yet. If anyone has ... how did it work? cheershashbang

To record you, it there has several solutions :
-you paids!
-you not paid but the recording will be slower when paying.
-Either you have references to your site since of other sites (which are already indexed), and you have only to await so that your site is indexed.

For the popularity of your site, I council http://www.webrankinfo.com/

Quick question:

Is submitting your site completely free? I have seen packages and they seem to cost quite a bit.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sumbmitting your site to search engines is completely free in any search engine I have found so far. The only thing I can think of that you must pay to be listed on is google's adword.

For the popularity of your site, I council http://www.webrankinfo.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is all fine and dandy if you can read french, which of course i can't. For those like me who can't read french you could use the google translated version here.

I'm not sure about this host, but some Cpanels have built in Search Engine Submitters

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had fortgotten that you can do that. The Cpanel that Xisto uses does include that feature. You can submit your site to these search engine's:

- alltheweb

- directhit

- google

- hotbot

- lycos

- mixcat

Sumbmitting your site to search engines is completely free in any search engine I have found so far. The only thing I can think of that you must pay to be listed on is google's adword.

This is all fine and dandy if you can read french, which of course i can't. For those like me who can't read french you could use the google translated version here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Ok for google translation, but it would still be great if surch alike would be in english, as it seems quit interesting but some of the subsites still are in france and I do also have huge problems to understand france.

See you

Cheers!

Jens

I have been submitting some pages to certain search engines and all I got so far are lots of spam. I used Submitwolf software but it did not pay off that much yet. I think what worked for me is to exchange links to legit sites and the more pages link to my site, the more important it becomes in the eye of Google which enables it to be ranked higher.Also making site updates regularly will definitely make robots come back more often and spider your pages, eventually ranking them higher.

The best way isnt to submit your site, let the engines find you. I waited three weeks and at the end I still get bots daily, taking up 300MB of my bandwidth in total and ive never submit my site.