xisto Community
canute24

Video Compression Anyone? :)

Once upon a time I had this video compression craze and I was compressing videos with every possible codec. Sitting upto 3hrs just to test the final size and then delete it after 3hrs. I am not out of it completely but I was wondering if anyone was interested in it. I used to use DivX earlier. Now I don't use anything other than Xvid. I thought if someone was intersted then we could discuss about it. :D

I f you like to copy dvd?s you should use dvd shrink. it?s freeware and you can download it at http://dvdshrink.com/index.asp. And if you got problems with any sort of copyprotection you can use the software anydvd from slysoft.

I've recently also joined the XVID craze, I find it has unmatched quality/compression ratio, you can immediately tell an XVID video from a mile away. I find the richness of colors are also absolutely sensational and the reliability and simplicity of the compression process is just an absolute delight. Having said all that, I'd also love to hear about any other compressions that rival xvid.

Xvid is the best... for better result use 1 pass compression with target quantitazier 2<x<3 ... 2pass sistem is old :angry:

I once transferred all my dvds to Divx. I used Xvid, Dr.DivX, Winavi video convertor, and super DVD Ripper. I got good results from basically all of them except Winavi. Though i don't like the fact that DivX takes 6+ hours to shrink a normal 2hr video, the quality is good. i haven't had much experience or success encoding with Xvid, but the few i do have in that codec are superb quality/size.Now since buying a dvd burner i use DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD to Hard disk (to save on spinning the drive) and then re-author with dvd shrink. if anything needs fixing up i use isobuster and dvdfab.