xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ezincenter

Commerece

Dear All,Can u tell me that OS Commerece provide Credit Card payment facility to sellers and buyers (clients) as Pay Pal provides. ?And who is responsible if any thing go wrong as OS is just an open source no body give any guarenti

Dear All,

Can u tell me that OS Commerece provide Credit Card payment facility to

sellers and buyers (clients) as Pay Pal provides. ?

And who is responsible if any thing go wrong as OS is just an open source no body give any guarenti

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Software developers don't take responsibility other than fixing flaws and bugs. This is with any company open or closed source, you can't blame anyone for software that destroys your business as using software is at the user's risk, this is usually what all the license agreements suggest.

Considering OS Commerce is for e-commerce then obviously they would have methods to process Credit Card payments in some type of module, although realtime processing can only be achieved by credit card companies and banks, have a look at OSCommerce and Zen Cart, Zen Cart is based off OSCommerce and have improved it slightly better that now OSCommerce is basing things off Zen Cart, strange world we live in.

You'll need to check out OSCommerce's website or Zen Cart's for more information, but if you need help in customising or adding modules then you can ask about that, as some people here may have done some developments on it or have worked with it.

Cheers,

MC

I prefer paypal .. Even though it has a huge list of features, I just wanted to put down which really helped me a lot :-1> Its free2> any one can have it and add funds using CC3> IT files all the transaction4> There is a buyers protection thingy and also provides an easy way to refund money if anything goes wrong5> They rates are very competitive.6> Their system is very secure. So you propably dont have to worry about hackers and stuff.7> They got a neat interface to accept the payments and also easy to integrate shopping cart like system.Besides, the above, there are still lot of points for which one should prefer them. The downside I hate for paypal is regarding the WITHDRAWAL of funds which is limited to only US banks.